Brendan Kerry | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Brendan Kerry

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I've looked up SBS and nothing, hopefully someone will be able to provide us with live streaming and non geo blocked as well.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've looked up SBS and nothing, hopefully someone will be able to provide us with live streaming and non geo blocked as well.

Unlikely that it'll be anything legal, unfortunately. Probably some Russian stream or the octopus.

I have a VPN so I use ISU, but I know others don't have that/don't want to do that.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I won't be fussed if I get a free Chinese stream, their commentators don't ramble on like the Russians and no cynical and snide remarks from Tara and Johnny ;)

GF2445

Record Breaker

SBS {Australia, different from the Korean SBS channel [which, imho, also provides at best above average coverage]} is all about highlight shows- SBS is under the assumption that there is no interest and it's merely entertainment.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
yeah considering last year it was live from Boston... but back to the main topic, my wish is for Brendan to score another PB, perhaps over 250 combined and cracking the top 10 :yahoo:

Eric

Rinkside
Hello, I found this thread when I was looking into about Brendan.
I never thought that there were so many people thinking the same thing as me, I'm very happy:love:

but back to the main topic, my wish is for Brendan to score another PB, perhaps over 250 combined and cracking the top 10

I also believe it!:yes2:
At 4CC, He said that his goal in Helsinki was to get the qualification of Olympic for his country, but I feel it meant "another one", not only for him.
I think he has the ability. Go Brendan! :cheer:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hello, I found this thread when I was looking into about Brendan.
I never thought that there were so many people thinking the same thing as me, I'm very happy:love:

I also believe it!:yes2:
At 4CC, He said that his goal in Helsinki was to get the qualification of Olympic for his country, but I feel it meant "another one", not only for him.
I think he has the ability. Go Brendan! :cheer:

Welcome, friend! :ghug:

For Brendan to qualify a second spot for Australia, he would have to finish in the top 10 - no ifs, buts or maybes. He certainly has the ability to do that and I'd love to see him pull it off.

I really want to see, at least, a mid-high 80s SP and the FS...well...he got 154 for that FS at AWG with two quads and some mistakes...if he could land three...he'd be going over 160, which is really playing with the big boys!

Eric

Rinkside
Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Welcome, friend! :ghug:

For Brendan to qualify a second spot for Australia, he would have to finish in the top 10 - no ifs, buts or maybes. He certainly has the ability to do that and I'd love to see him pull it off.

I really want to see, at least, a mid-high 80s SP and the FS...well...he got 154 for that FS at AWG with two quads and some mistakes...if he could land three...he'd be going over 160, which is really playing with the big boys!

If he skates at 100% his potential, I can see him score a high 80s SP, and a 155-165point Free Skate for a 240-250 point total.
However, a better aim for Brendan is to make the third warm up group for the free skate.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm not sure how good it'll be, but at the end of the SBS highlight's yesterday they said they'd be livestreaming the World's starting Wednesday.

I quite like the commentator so I hope it works, otherwise I'll probably be listening to TAT yelling :laugh:

Either way, fingers crossed for Brendan! :clap:

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Looked up webpage and don't see anything about it, hopefully someone will put up a link :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Like I said, there's just something about a pirate! I thought Brendan looked so good today. His skating seems very different since Skate America. Of course that was early in the season with new programs, so his Singin In the Rain had a more polished look. Tried SO hard to get some photos of him, then I figured why am I doing this?! Someone with a fabulous camera will hopefully have some great photos. Sometimes you're ON, and today he was on his game. Unfortunately I wrote some stuff on him to post in the Practices thread, and the Wi Fi had a hiccup and I lost my post. :curse::angry1: He DOES look good in blue!

https://m.twitter.com/Arriba627FS/status/846452017182715905

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Like I said, there's just something about a pirate! I thought Brendan looked so good today. His skating seems very different since Skate America. Of course that was early in the season with new programs, so his Singin In the Rain had a more polished look. Tried SO hard to get some photos of him, then I figured why am I doing this?! Someone with a fabulous camera will hopefully have some great photos. Sometimes you're ON, and today he was on his game. Unfortunately I wrote some stuff on him to post in the Practices thread, and the Wi Fi had a hiccup and I lost my post. :curse::angry1: He DOES look good in blue!

https://m.twitter.com/Arriba627FS/status/846452017182715905

Thank you for the updates on Brendan. I hope he's on his game for the entire competition and places in the top 10!! GO BRENDAN!:clap:

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Australia's Brendan Kerry had a solid practice this morning on Tuesday March 28, electing to skate his short program for the run through.

Kerry warmed up with double jumps (loop, lutz, flip and axel) before landing the triple loop, triple lutz / triple toe combination, and a triple flip.

His run through was pretty good, with a minor step out of the quadruple toe loop, a good triple lutz/ triple toe combo, as well as doubling the axel.

Australia's Brendan Kerry completed his practice group warm - up with a huge quadruple toe loop/ triple toe loop, then several triple salchows followed by a smooth and solid quadruple salchow.

He ended his warm - up with some fun footwork, as well as an excellent triple lutz / half loop / triple salchow.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
2017 World Figure Skating Championships
Team Australia’s Planned Program Content

Brendan Kerry / Short Program

Quad Toe Loop
Triple Lutz / Triple Toe Loop
Change Foot Camel Spin
Triple Axel
Flying Sit Spin
Step Sequence
Change Foot Combination Spin

Brendan Kerry / Free Skate

Quad Salchow
Quad Toe Loop / Triple Toe Loop
Change Foot Camel Spin
Triple Axel / Double Toe Loop
Choreographic Sequence
Quadruple Toe Loop
Triple Axel
Triple Flip
Flying Sit Spin
Triple Lutz / Half Loop / Triple Salchow
Triple Loop
Step Sequence

Alexandrovskaya & Windsor / Short Program

Triple Twist Lift
Side By Side Triple Toe Loops
Group 5 Reverse Lasso Lift
Throw Triple Flip
Side By Side Flying Change Foot Combination Spin
Step Sequence
Backward Inside Death Spiral

Alexandrovskaya & Windsor / Free Skate

Triple Twist Lift
Side By Side Triple Salchows
Side By Side Triple Toe Loop / Double Toe Loop / Double Toe Loops
Throw Triple Flip
Group 5 Axel Lasso Lift
Side By Side Flying Change Foot Combination Spin
Throw Triple Salchow
Choreographic Sequence
Group 5 Reverse Lasso Lift
Backward Outside Death Spiral
Group 4 Lift
Pair Combination Spin

Kailani Craine / Short Program

Triple Flip / Double Toe Loop
Step Sequence
Triple Loop
Double Axel
Flying Sit Spin
Layback Spin

Kailani Craine / Free Skate

Triple Flip / Triple Toe Loop
Triple Lutz / Double Toe Loop
Triple Loop / Half Loop / Triple Salchow
Triple Flip
Triple Loop
Flying Change Foot Combination Spin
Step Sequence
Double Axel
Choreographic Sequence
Double Axel
Layback Spin

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan times in Aussie time! (AEDT)

THURSDAY MARCH 30th
2010-0140 - Men's SP

SATURDAY APRIL 1st
1850-2300 - Men's FS

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Brendan times in Aussie time! (AEDT)

THURSDAY MARCH 30th
2010-0140 - Men's SP

SATURDAY APRIL 1st
1850-2300 - Men's FS

You're really lucky with the times. Well, maybe not if you want to see all the men in the SP, but Brendan's skate should be at a reasonable hour.