On Site Reports: Your experience SkAm 2015 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports: Your experience SkAm 2015

Interspectator

Record Breaker
If you are watching the practices or any of the competition in person, please feel free to share your stories with us on this thread.
Who is doing well?
Who is standing out?
What are you eating at the venue?
:popcorn:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Beaver Tails, oh wait that's Canada.... uhm beer and chips? :laugh2:

Anyways, more serious. I wish everyone a great time who has the honor to be there.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hope all GS members in Milwaukee have a good time.

Thx to Newbie for creating this thread for their reports :).

[Parenthetically, for those hungry for any and all bits and pics from practices, I hope it is OK to quickly mention some of the bloggers/journalists on social media who are or will be on site in Milwaukee: @LynnRutherford; Jennifer Comeaux @LadyWave4; Tatjana Flade @Tatjana21 https://www.facebook.com/TatjanaFlade; @DadeMeghan (USFS fanzone blogger); HeatherC @kwanfan1212; @SkatingLesson. Not meant to be an exhaustive list. The official hashtag per USFS is #SkateAmerica, as Doris has noted in the comp threads, but I've already seen non-official variants being used by skaters and others.]

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Boots on the ground! Had dinner with friends at the Pub club. Rather sterile place and foood was spicy but good flavor. Maders looked great and its priced accordingly. Lots of German dishes for sure$30+. Brat house and Beer hall are noisy, with few tables and poor service at the brat house. We just left. Many other places to try! I have hopes for the Irish pub, Rock bottom brewery, and Port of Call. City blocks are short and everything is close to arena.

just wondering

On the Ice
Excellent Boots on the Ground report @CoyoteChris. I suggest your report in at every stop on your tour de force.:cheer:

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
First group men on ice. Amodio did his long leaving out lots. Good speed, edges & flow.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Bychenko up. Skating around a lot. Looks sloppy after Flo. Not much performing. Shoma is landing jumps everywhere

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Mura. Long. Seems slow fell out of quad, I like the music. You can see he's a great skater but not giving us much. Shoma next.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Shoma SP. Stead eagle to 3A. Great. I think a quad. And a combo. Good speed flow edges knees. Spins okay. He did full program. Def here to win.

D10 falls on quad. And popped next jump. Falls out of 3A. Great music. Beautiful skating flow posture.