On Site Reports: Your experience SkAm 2015 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports: Your experience SkAm 2015

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Ok, I understand. I really appreciate you taking the time to post the clips.

Not a problem. I actually kinda like these threads having a bit of an archival aspect to them.

Heh, the layout of this rink and the small number of people here today makes it almost tough not to run into a lot of folks. Just talked to Ross! I hope I get to see my Russian girls too! :love:

I hope so too for your sake! I also hope that you find time for a beer filled lunch!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Had a long conversation with Ted Barton. I asked him about streaming and YouTube (of course) -- he cuts all the individual JGP videos himself while doing live commentary! :eek:

I let him know how much people appreciate his commentary and how he doesn't speak over the skater performances. He said: "Oh, I would never do that!" :laugh:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Had a long conversation with Ted Barton. I asked him about streaming and YouTube (of course) -- he cuts all the individual JGP videos himself while doing live commentary! :eek:

I let him know how much people appreciate his commentary and how he doesn't speak over the skater performances. He said: "Oh, I would never do that!" :laugh:

WOW! Good for him. And thank you for passing along the compliments. I have really enjoyed his commentary and know others have as well. I am so happy to here he got to hear it in person from one of us.

TMC

Record Breaker

Thank you so much for letting him know how much he is appreciated!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Yay, Evgenia autograph obtained! I can stop my gloating for today now. :cool:

Layback11

Record Breaker

Woohoo! I'm hoping for some sightings, myself...

I seem to have good luck with that (not ten seconds after getting to the hotel at nationals, I saw Meryl in the lobby) so I hope that carries over to this event...:cheer: On my way (yay for in-flight wifi!)!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

HEY! That's not fair... how are those of us not there supposed to live vicariously though you if you stop gloating! Please Gloat away... Gloat Gloat Gloat. We want the gloating...we need the gloating

Layback11

Record Breaker
She has her hands on her hips during that throw. :shocked:
Ha! Wish I could've seen that...

Instead, I'm eating FroYo in the Denver airport and taking pictures of a badger doing things for my Live From SA blog series. :cool:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
When do the ladies and pairs practice? Can't wait for an Evgenia report!
Thanks!

Evgenia started the practice by sliding into the boards hard and making a loud thud. Eteri was hugging her for a bit. Thought she might've looked hurt but guess it was worse than it looked/sounded, she didn't seem any worse for wear when her music started. Loudest applause of her group, people were clapping after jumping passes, guess the tano doesn't bother them. ;)