2015 Denkova Staviski Cup Men SP and FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Denkova Staviski Cup Men SP and FS

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Awwww!!! When Krzysztof was waiting for his results, some wee girl who was walking past asked if she could get her picture taken with him.

And he not only agreed, but he also invited her to sit with him while he got his results!!!

Good on you Krzysztof!!! :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

That was really nice! But his performance wasn't :hopelessness:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Matteo Rizzo has just finished. Which means that Misha is coming up NOW!!!

Oh, you should hear the crowd chanting "Misha. Misha. Misha..."

This is going to be atmospheric!

EDIT: They just cheered like mad when he did a jump out of camera shot when Matteo was getting his results!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know Misha has family ties to China. But, does he have any connection to Bulgaria?

Because, I have seen some supportive crowds in my time, but that was something else!

They were cheering and applauding after EVERY element he did!!! Like, even when he messed up one of his jumps (I think it was the third one he did), they were still cheering like mad!

Well, we know who the crowd wants to win.

And that wee girl that got her photo taken with Krzysztof Gala earlier is hovering around the results area again, waiting for Misha! :laugh:

Hang on, Misha said something to her, and she moved to the edge of the camera shot.

It mustn't have been anything bad, because she was still clapping very enthusiastically when the score was announced!

Really wish the livescoring hadn't stopped working after the first group! Because it is hard to make out what is being said over the tannoy.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

cleo2070

Final Flight
I think Misha is just that popular :cheer:

ETA: actually, like matmuh said below, Misha did hold a "Choreography&Artistry Class" in Sofia - there's a video posted on his YouTube channel. Thanks for clearing it up, matmuh!

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
About Misha, i think he gave skating lesson at Bulgaria last year, but i am not 100% sure, not surprising that he got laudest cheering after last season but that would explain extra cheering
Btw i cant watch it live, how did Misha do?

cleo2070

Final Flight
I liked Misha's program, although I didn't manage to watch it all. The jumps I saw were landed (sorry, I'm not good at identifying them). Loved the ending pose.

Official results:
1. Misha GE (UZB) 210.14 (FS: 71.29 + 73.20 = 144.49)
2. Julian Zhi Jie YEE (MAS) 197.42 (FS: 68.68 + 62.50 = 130.18)
3. Matteo RIZZO (ITA) 194.41 (FS: 69.57 + 65.40 = 134.97)

Protocols should be up soon.

ETA: Well, it wasn't that soon, but they're up now (Misha: 4T<)

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Misha did so-so. He will be better as the season moves on. Unusal to see him in such a serious pogram.

I'm impressed with Julian, coming from training on a public ice rink in Kuala Lumpur :clap: I hope he will be the first (I think) Malysian man competing at world's.

Wondering about Abzal. He must love figure skating, but he doesn't really grow. Still number two so far in Kazakstan.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Well done Misha, make up for TEB? Probably not :( Impressed with Julian from KL too, good looks may create a MCM effect back home. Potential for PyeongChang?