2015 Denkova-Staviski Cup Juniors and Novices | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Denkova-Staviski Cup Juniors and Novices

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hang on. We're going straight into the Group 2 warm-up.

That must mean that they are planning to have just the one resurfacing during the competition, between Groups 2 & 3, as I originally thought.

But, with no resurfacing after the boys, that means that we will have 3 groups in a row without a resurfacing.

That's a grand total of 15 skaters making ruts in the ice before it gets smoothed out again.

Very strange! :confused:

Anyway, this means Liza Nugumanova will now be the last skater in the group directly AFTER the resurfacing.

(I've already wished her all the best, so I won't do it again in case I double jinx her... :slink: But, there again, would 2 greetings maybe cancel out any jinxing...?)

:cheer: ALL THE BEST LIZA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ana-Maria ION of Romania looks like she must be one of the youngest girls in this competition. She is absolutely tiny!

But, her costume has to be the cutest I have seen for a long time!

It is a plain white dress... with a massive picture of a butterfly on the front, and another picture of the same butterfly on the back!

It was absolutely lovely! And it really did look appropriate for a girl of this age.

Although, as it stands at the interval, she only has 2 skaters below her in the results. But, she is only young - she has LOTS of time to improve!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Group 3 Warm-up just started. And there was a big cheer when Nugumanova's name was announced!

Looks like we are not the only ones that have been following her progress over the past few years! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Alexandra FEIGIN of Bulgaria just finished. Liza coming on next.

EDIT: Feigin took the lead. Somebody threw something on the ice to celebrate, and Liza had to go and fetch it before she started. The wee girl that was sent onto the ice to fetch it looked totally confused when Liza handed it to her! So cute!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When Alexandra Feigin took the lead, she took the competition to a totally different level, beating previous leader Oceane PIEGAD of France by a massive 10 points.

Well, Liza has now taken it to yet another level. 49.94, which is just under 7 points higher than Feigin.

And you should have seen Liza's reaction when it was announced. She was absolutely delighted!!!

You know how I was telling you about the wee girl that was hovering around the results area during the Men's competition yesterday.

Well, there must be at least 10 kids hovering around it when Liza was getting her results! And she did stay on and get her photo taken with them during the Group 4 Warm-up!

And as soon as she disappeared, all the kids disappeared!

Just shows how popular she is!

:cheer: WELL DONE LIZA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

NaVi

Medalist
Nugumanova did ok but was actually beat by Alexandra Feigin in TES... both her 3Lz's looked underrotated... she also did a 3Lo-3Lo combo which looked fine to me on slow mo but those are prone to UR calls.

----------------

Actually, she didn't do all that well... both her 3Lz's were downgraded and her 3Lo-3Lo and 3F were called UR... though I still kind of disagree with the 3Lo-3Lo call as her 2nd 3Lo looked better rotated than her 1st one...

http://clubdenkovastaviski.com/Denk...U/DSCup2015_AdvancedNoviceGirls_FS_Scores.pdf

Last edited: