18:20:00Junior LadiesShort Program
FridayOctober 23, 2015
10:30:00Junior MenFree Skating
12:10:00Junior Ice DanceFree Dance

[h=3]Time Schedule[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:
Country
Russia
No info about 2nd warm-up of Junior Men.

In Junir Dance 1 Anastasiia SHPILEVAYA / Grigorii SMIRNOV RUS 57.78 =TES 30.00+PCS 28.78 - 1 Ded
Good score.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oops! I didn't notice that there was a dedicated thread for the Junior and Novice competitions. Myself and matmuh have been discussing them in the General Chat thread as part of our complaining about the livestreaming and livescoring issues.

Sorry about that :eek::

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Russia
In Junior Ladies - no Stanislava Konstantinova (starting order 15 in SP). Predictable, today she skated FS in StPetersburg, was 2nd, and now there is Victory Ceremony and Gala.

peese

Medalist
Well folks, what are the odds we will get to see the Junior Men starting in 10 minutes?!?! The livestream countdown clock is ticking!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
New livestreaming link for today's competitions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TOPGPOEsok

But, it doesn't look like we are going to have a new experience with it today. :disapp:

The countdown clock has just finished, and there is no sign yet of it coming on-air.

But, let's wait and see what happens over the next hour before we lose hope.

CaroLiza_fan

peese

Medalist
I agree adelia! Just a sniff of something. Like yesterday, it says "starting soon". I'm surprised we can't find anything at all on youtube or elsewhere.

adelia

Record Breaker
I don't think it's asking too much from them to upload just the leading few skaters. This is after all supposed to be a challenger series event, a little more is to be expected in terms of organization. Oh well.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
surprise surprise, that link is working now!!!! :cheer: thanks CaroLiza_fan!!

Edit: ice dancers are on the ice but no sound, maybe they will have when competition starts :sarcasm:
btw CaroLiza_fan, as you said Turkish boys did better today and one of them earned bronze and other one finished 5th :biggrin::cheer:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
surprise surprise, that link is working now!!!! :cheer: thanks CaroLiza_fan!!

Edit: ice dancers are on the ice but no sound, maybe they will have when competition starts :sarcasm:
btw CaroLiza_fan, as you said Turkish boys did better today and one of them earned bronze and other one finished 5th :biggrin:

That is a surprise!

It's a pity about the lack of sound. Especially since it meant that I have missed up to the start of the second couple because I was doing a survey in another window. :bang:

But, at least you are able to re-wind it because it is a YouTube stream!!! :cheer: (I'll watch the warm-up and the first couple during the resurfacing)

Just decided to put on the radio for accompaniment so, according to it, Louise SMITH / Anthony CURRIE are skating to "I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash.

See, I knew that those results being so close in the Men's SP meant that there was liable to be changes to the positions!

Well done to your boys! You mightn't have seen them, but I bet you're proud. To improve so much is a good sign for the future!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm not going to do this for everybody, but I think the song that came on the radio during Anastasiia SHPILEVAYA / Grigorii SMIRNOV's routine would be great for a skating routine:

"DIY" by Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott (i.e. 2 of the members of a band I have always liked, the Beautiful South)

Maybe a bit fast for a competition routine. But it would make a VERY exciting gala routine!

CaroLiza_fan

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
yes, i am proud! :cheer:
and good news, we have sound :yay: i hope nothing will go wrong from now on:hopelessness:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
WE HAVE SOUND!!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :points:

It only took them 26 hours 10 minutes to work out how to get the livestream working properly, but at least they did!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hey

I'm just back, and I was wondering what stage of the Junior Ladies FS we are at.

The results page says that we have only had 11 of the 25 skaters go. But, given that the livescoring has gone missing a few times today, I was wondering if this was accurate.

Just trying to decide whether to play catch-up or just go straight into the LIVE coverage.

(Because yesterday's livestream didn't materialise, we still don't know if they are going to archive the coverage. So, I'm wary of taking the chance of not watching it tonight).

CaroLiza_fan

adelia

Record Breaker
Alisa did well, 110.11 (55.71+54.40). Tatiana Mishina looked very happy.
The final spin was amazing.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Advanced Novice competitions are being held this afternoon. Here is today's link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jemwn92TiPs

The boys are due to start in about 5 minutes, and since there is only 6 taking part, they are all going out in one group.

According to the Entries/Results page, the girls are due to start 40 minutes after the boys. But, I'm not sure if that is realistic. Especially if they have a resurfacing in between the boys group and the first girls group.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Boys have just finished, and they have gone straight into the warm-up for Group 1 of the girls.

So, I assume the resurfacings will be between Groups 1 & 2, and between Groups 3 & 4.

I would have thought it would have made more sense to get the first resurfacing out of the way before the girls started, and then have just the one resurfacing during their competition. But, hey!

So, if I've worked it out right, Liza Nugumanova will be the last skater before the second resurfacing.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST LIZA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have no idea what the music was that Svetoslava RYADKOVA of Bulgaria was using, but I absolutely loved it!!! :clap: :rock: :points:

It sounded very like something that Evanescence would record. But, I don't know if it was them or not.

Whatever the music was, Svetoslava did not seem very happy with how she skated.

She has gone straight into last place (3rd out of 3).

Oh well. Better luck next time.

CaroLiza_fan