Costumes We Adore | Golden Skate

Costumes We Adore

tulosai

Record Breaker
Last night, I dreamed of Julia Lipnitskaia. More specifically, I dreamed I created a fan fest for her amazing rainbow dress and everyone agreed with me... unlike in real life :rofl:

Do you have a favorite costume or two this season, or from the past? Let's gush about our favorite (and not so favorite) skaters fashion sense when they get it right!

I would only ask that people avoid bashing anyone's costumes or commenting (overly) negatively on costumes anyone else posts here... this should stay a positive thread for us to share what we like and what we think works, even if others don't agree.

To start, the dress that inspired it all :laugh2: and one of my favorite costumes this season:

http://photos.phantomkabocha.com/FigureSkating/Finlandia2015/JuliaLipnitskaia/imgpages/image016.html
http://photos.phantomkabocha.com/FigureSkating/Finlandia2015/JuliaLipnitskaia/imgpages/image021.html

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last night, I dreamed of Julia Lipnitskaia. More specifically, I dreamed I created a fan fest for her amazing rainbow dress and everyone agreed with me... unlike in real life :rofl:

Do you have a favorite costume or two this season, or from the past? Let's gush about our favorite (and not so favorite) skaters fashion sense when they get it right!

I would only ask that people avoid bashing anyone's costumes or commenting (overly) negatively on costumes anyone else posts here... this should stay a positive thread for us to share what we like and what we think works, even if others don't agree.

To start, the dress that inspired it all :laugh2: and one of my favorite costumes this season:

http://photos.phantomkabocha.com/FigureSkating/Finlandia2015/JuliaLipnitskaia/imgpages/image016.html
http://photos.phantomkabocha.com/FigureSkating/Finlandia2015/JuliaLipnitskaia/imgpages/image021.html

You know, ever since you changed you profile pic, I had been wondering who it was! So, thank you for enlightening me. (Sorry, but that dress is not my taste).

Getting to the topic, and I am going to cheat. I am going to direct you to my post in the "Favorite Costumes of All Time" thread that we had earlier in the year:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...-of-All-Time&p=1158225&viewfull=1#post1158225

To be honest, there aren't really any costumes that I have seen so far this season that I would go as far as to say I "adore".

But, I did see a costume a few hours ago in the Advanced Novice Ladies SP at the Denkova-Staviski Cup that was extremely cute.

Ana-Maria ION (Romania)
24[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2015: Denkova-Staviski Cup Advanced Novice Ladies SP

Let us know what you think of my choices.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, just remembered that I forgot to add something to my previous post.

If you like that rainbow dress of Julia's, what do you think of this rainbow dress that I saw in an earlier group during that same Advanced Novice Ladies SP in Bulgaria?

Simona ROHMBERG (Austria)

CaroLiza_fan

Alba

Record Breaker
If you like that rainbow dress of Julia's, what do you think of this rainbow dress that I saw in an earlier group during that same Advanced Novice Ladies SP in Bulgaria?

Simona ROHMBERG (Austria)

CaroLiza_fan

I like it. :yes:

I love Julia's dress but not the gloves and the belt. Love Mao's costume also. Always loved Moa's costumes. :love:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I want to see Julia do an exhibition to either "Rainbow Connection" or "Colors of the Wind" or Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors" in that costume!

Alba

Record Breaker
I love Julia's dress. So far my favorite girl's cistume.

Last season I absolutely loved Elizabet Tursynbaeva's Memoirs of a Geisha costume.

Gilles/Poirer get a million points from me for sheer audacity. Which works!

And then there's Hanyu's "blue flame" outfit which is the best costume ever worn by a man, and that includes everything from Johnny Weir.

I agree. I forgot about G&P. I love their SD costumes and I love Hanyu's costume also.

I want to see Julia do an exhibition to either "Rainbow Connection" or "Colors of the Wind" or Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors" in that costume!

Never thought about it but it's a great idea. :thumbsup:

Amei

Record Breaker
I like it. :yes:

I love Julia's dress but not the gloves and the belt. Love Mao's costume also. Always loved Moa's costumes. :love:

I give her a pass on the gloves because we know she always wears gloves because she has so many moves where she grabs her blades and they are more for protection than fashion.

Alba

Record Breaker
I give her a pass on the gloves because we know she always wears gloves because she has so many moves where she grabs her blades and they are more for protection than fashion.

Well, use smaller ones then and possible nude color. These are too big, IMO. Either way, gloves or belt need to go. Both are tooooooooo much.

Amei

Record Breaker
Well, use smaller ones then and possible nude color. These are too big, IMO. Either way, gloves or belt need to go. Both are tooooooooo much.

She wore nude ones last year and they looked weirder than the blue ones she's got now because they were like 3 shades darker than her arms.

nieves

On the Ice
In general, I'd say that Michelle Kwan, Yuna Kim, and Madison Chock's outfits are always on point. I love Joshua Farris' Schnidler's List costume. and Ilinykh/Katsalapov's Swan Lake costumes.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I've already declared Yulia's dress an act of ingenuity, so there is nothing to add. But ingenuity is only the first step to perfection, and if you look for perfection, go for simplicity. :)

On the other hand, who could forget The Pink Panther?. But I think they have made a mistake with Robin's costume. Instead of that policeman's dress they should have turned him into Sir Charles Lytton, with a black tie and white gloves with a "P". ;)

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
This season my favorite has been Wenjing Sui's SP dress. :love:!
Shiyue Wang's is another SP dress I loved at SA, and Madi Chock's SD dress is gorgeous as well. Evgenia Medvedeva's SP dress is amazing!

And who could forget Feather Man Mura or Velvet Pants Amodio? :laugh:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
From this season, I really liked Rika's Cirque du Soleil costume, Mao's Madame Butterfly and my favorite is probably Evgenia's SP dress, I adore it. The guys have come up with some very...ehm..interesting choices this season. Madison's SD dress is great too!

But Yuna's costumes hold a special place in my heart, specially her Bond dress and Kiss of the Vampire (that dress was an absolute dream).

Layback11

Record Breaker
Oh oh oh! Mao's 2014 Nocturne dress!! :love:

Gracie's FS dress that year was gorgeous as well. And Yulia's. :)

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
If people could link a pic that would be great. The early posts in this thread are more entertaining because they have an easy reference for what is being mentioned and will provide interest for posterity too. :)

I think So Youn Park looked gorgeous at Skate America in the SP and in the FS.