2015 Skate Canada Ice Dance SD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Ice Dance SD

tulosai

Record Breaker
If only WeaPo could have found a better song for the foxtrot maybe but I'm missin me some Elvis. At the very least the Shibs and B/S are a bit unconventional. But my word the FD's are so similar. These judges might need to slap themselves in the face ever so often to tell one team from the next. But all in all this group of ice dancers do look very strong. It's going to be an interesting competition despite my protestations to the contrary.

:laugh2: If they do start slapping themselves I can only hope someone gets it on camera...

SunDae

Rinkside
Free dance practice was also very convincing for The Shibutani's. Hard to put my finger on it but they are skating with a lot of "moxie" and confidence. New music section works well with footwork which had emotion and expression throughout. Maia looks completely different this year. Not a little girl any more at all.

Guignard and Fabbri are the other team in the field that looks trained and ready. He is very sharp and strong. Very effective lifts which are well designed to express their music and in terms of timing. They are not just doing big arms up in the air all of the time to try to get attention.

Monks and Khaliavin skate very aggressively and with good energy. Unfortunately their Free dance music lacks shape, is almost tiring to listen to. Some good sharp lifts. They skate in practice like they are trying to "win" the practice.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Free dance practice was also very convincing for The Shibutani's. Hard to put my finger on it but they are skating with a lot of "moxie" and confidence. New music section works well with footwork which had emotion and expression throughout. Maia looks completely different this year. Not a little girl any more at all.

Maybe getting slammed on their levels last time lit a fire in them. *lights a candle*

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm on the IN streaming and confused as to why we're looking at pictures of the same railroad over and over...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow, the Eurosport Player ISU stream looks really nice!

Yep. Currently watching it (judges being introduced) until the adverts on Eurosport 2 finish.

Which they just have!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: