Who is going to attend the event? | Golden Skate

Who is going to attend the event?

jtpc

Rinkside
I'll be there, arriving Wednesday night! :) Looking forward to it!

If anyone is looking for 1 all-event ticket (row 1, lower bowl) a friend of mine can't go and she wouldn't mind getting the cost of the ticket package back, $195 ($190 + $5 fee).

I'll have her ticket package with me, so send me a note if interested.

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
Hello! I will fly on Oct. 27 to Calgary. This is my first trip to Canada! I am very excited.
Skate Canada Spectator Camera Policy
http://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Camera-Policy-ENG-letter.pdf
According to this Tamron lens 70-300 mm are not allowed?

I don't know much about cameras but in the past years cameras other than simple point and shoot are allowed during practices. And it kind of depends on who was checking your bag at the door when you come in. I saw some were allowed but some were not.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hello! I will fly on Oct. 27 to Calgary. This is my first trip to Canada! I am very excited.
Skate Canada Spectator Camera Policy
http://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Camera-Policy-ENG-letter.pdf
According to this Tamron lens 70-300 mm are not allowed?
That's right, and the reasons are right there in the same PDF:
"No camera shall produce a visual and/or audible interference of other fans’ enjoyment of the event."

The DSLR clunkers that a Tamron 70-300 lens attaches to, typically produce a machine-gun-like "audible interference" for everyone nearby...! (Not all DSLR's, but most)

Size-wise, I don't think the Tamron 70-300 is too bad, but I guess rather than bother making distinctions, they've just classed all interchangeable lenses together. Blame the twits who - given the opportunity - will sit among the crowd, with REALLY big 300+ mm lenses... so big that they do indeed create a "visual interference" for people sitting next to them (and also makes them sit uncomfortably trying to avoid getting smacked in the face by it...!). They have spoiled it for everybody

(Of course they may also not want members of the audience to have "pro" cameras, since they might cut into the profits of the accredited media/press photographers, who may have paid for their privileges and exclusivity...)

Some places the restriction is slightly different - eg. interchangeable lenses allowed, but only if they're shorter than say, 6 inches or something. But even then, I do wish people would make "quiet operation" a higher priority when choosing their camera bodies...

Last edited: