2015 Skate Canada TV and Livestream Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada TV and Livestream Info

Pamigena

Record Breaker

Lysambre

Final Flight
Install this it is free...then you can watch it

Actually, this isn't working for me either :disapp:. And not only was it not working, but it prevented other websites to load (Youtube refused to work from the minute I installed that extention).

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Only the young Elizabet did a nice program including jumps...the other bigger guns only practiced the program with very few jumps...That's the first group (Canadians and Russians + Kaz)
Second practice group included the Americans, Swedish, and the Japanese. I liked Isabelle Olsson from Sweden. It's a new face for me. She looks like a very nice skater.
After this training Elizabet looks very good. Hope she has a good competition. Good luck to all the skaters!

Last edited:

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
I use the VPN Tunnel Bear. $5 a month and worth every penny. Just saw Polina and Ashley's Short Programs. Neither did complete run throughs.

dylanc98

Spectator
Just so you know, the reason Practice is only available to Canadian audiences is die to broadcast right restrictions. Skate Canada through Dailymotion has an agreement with CTV and TSN to air the practice. They do not have a deal with the international broadcasters to stream practice through Dailymotion. I agree it does suck, but know that Skate Canada is not doing this as a slight against international audiences, Hola through google chrome is such an easy way to view restricted content. I have used it in the past to watch Eurosport coverage, it is easy and can be turned on and off with ease.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just so you know, the reason Practice is only available to Canadian audiences is die to broadcast right restrictions. Skate Canada through Dailymotion has an agreement with CTV and TSN to air the practice. They do not have a deal with the international broadcasters to stream practice through Dailymotion. ... Skate Canada is not doing this as a slight against international audiences, Hola through google chrome is such an easy way to view restricted content. I have used it in the past to watch Eurosport coverage, it is easy and can be turned on and off with ease.

I have worked in broadcast TV, and this explanation strikes me as odd, to say the least.

In any case, as others have noted, Skate Canada did not geoblock Skate Canada International practices in years past. (I'm in the U.S., and I was able to watch them.)
So if a new rights agreement is indeed the explanation, the change is to the detriment of international audiences.

Regarding Hola:
GS has a separate thread regarding legitimate concerns with its use and caveats against its use.
Some members would feel uneasy using it. Some do not.

p.s. First post? Welcome to GS.

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I'm stuck with Eurosport Netherlands, sigh. Does anyone know of a site where the individual competitions may be available for watching online? Could be after they're over, I don't need to see them live. I can't use Eurosport Player or paid streams. I know I've already asked this and seemingly noone knew, but hope dies last...

Lysambre

Final Flight
I'm stuck with Eurosport Netherlands, sigh. Does anyone know of a site where the individual competitions may be available for watching online? Could be after they're over, I don't need to see them live. I can't use Eurosport Player or paid streams. I know I've already asked this and seemingly noone knew, but hope dies last...

Try http://www.zoptv.com/ today I was able to catch Eurosport 1 and 2 (british). Last week it wasn't working, but since yesterday it is, so you never know, we might get it for the week-end ^_^.
(Eurosport is with the UK channels)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm stuck with Eurosport Netherlands, sigh.
You don't have Eurosport 2?
I know I've already asked this and seemingly noone knew, but hope dies last...
There are always streams available. And if you do not need to watch live, just go to the videos & results topic during/after competition, it's continuously updated with links to all the individual skaters's performances on youtube. Easy peasy.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Try http://www.zoptv.com/ today I was able to catch Eurosport 1 and 2 (british). Last week it wasn't working, but since yesterday it is, so you never know, we might get it for the week-end ^_^.

Thank you for the link. Both Eurosport channels are currently blacked out for me, but I'll try again tomorrow.

You don't have Eurosport 2?

There are always streams available. And if you do not need to watch live, just go to the videos & results topic during/after competition, it's continuously updated with links to all the individual skaters's performances on youtube. Easy peasy.

We have Eurosport 1 and 2, but figure skating is only covered on the second one, and that with the times that fit the Nederlands schedule that was posted in this thread. Youtube videos are a last resort for me, I know about them of course, and have watched them in the past, but the quality is lower than that of TVs online. At least on my old PC. Streams appear to be a 'live' thing and since I don't want to stay up till, say, 3 AM, tough luck for me I guess. It was worth a try.

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
Wow wow wow it's working now I'm watching British Eurosport ... Thank you so so much:cheer: In eurosport 2 I heard the voice but I couldn't see anything hope I can watch it soon

Last edited: