2015 Skate Canada TV and Livestream Info | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada TV and Livestream Info

AlexThere

On the Ice
Hello everyone,

I am really bad at time.. I live in the UK, does anyone know what time Skate Canada starts in here?

ObaFan

Rinkside
Try http://www.zoptv.com/ today I was able to catch Eurosport 1 and 2 (british). Last week it wasn't working, but since yesterday it is, so you never know, we might get it for the week-end ^_^.
(Eurosport is with the UK channels)

Thank you, @Lysambre!!
It worked!! I tried all other links and it didn't work, I was giving up when I saw your post!

Lipea

Final Flight
Thank you, @Lysambre!!
It worked!! I tried all other links and it didn't work, I was giving up when I saw your post!

The stream works, but I see only commercials there so far (both Br. Eurosport 1 and 2). Is it how it is with you too?
Thanks!

herios

Medalist
Will TSN's broadcast/stream only be available for viewers in Canada?

Not even for all of us living in Canada. I am in Toronto, I pay a VIP package and all I get is TSN and TSN4, forget about the TSN2 or 3 or others....

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Try http://www.zoptv.com/ today I was able to catch Eurosport 1 and 2 (british). Last week it wasn't working, but since yesterday it is, so you never know, we might get it for the week-end ^_^.
(Eurosport is with the UK channels)

Replying to this post again because I want to say a big 'thank you'. Just finished watching the Ladies coverage on British Eurosport 2. :)

ObaFan

Rinkside
The stream works, but I see only commercials there so far (both Br. Eurosport 1 and 2). Is it how it is with you too?
Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply, @Lipea!
I hope you have been able to watch it.
It watched it on British Eurosport2. Now waiting for the men's and hoping the stream keep working.

herios

Medalist
I kept browsing the various sport channels I have this afternoon. I came across in the end of TSN2, but it did not show neither dance nor ladies.
I turned on again my TV and suddenly skating is on TSN2, it started at 7.30PM and it will be until 11PM.
The men are starting shortly.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Thank goodness for illegal streaming. I can watch Skate Canada with ESP or TSN.

ISU skating channel is blocked in Australia. Don't know why because there is NO channel in our country that is broadcasting!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

ISU skating channel is blocked in Australia. Don't know why because there is NO channel in our country that is broadcasting!

We covered this last week. We assume it is because Eurosport is available in Australia. And even though they don't actually show the skating in Australia, they still have the rights to it.

Majorly unfair, isn't it?!

Another thing that is unfair is that I got up really early so that I could watch the full coverage of the Pairs SP on the Eurosport Player using the 3 hour catch up. Except, it isn't winding back!!!! :mad: :bang:

I know Winnie_20 had this problem last week when she tried to do the same with Skate America. So, do we think this is a normal thing?

The reason could be 1 of 3 things:

1. The contract with the ISU means they are not allowed to have live re-wind on the skating.
  2. You can't use live re-wind to watch a stream after the channel has gone off-air.
  3. There is a technical problem.

Whatever the reason is, it still isn't fair! :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker

If you can access a vpn, the ISU channel works with a server set to Singapore.
I haven't been able to find links that worked for TSN4 for Sat. Free Dance. Maybe better luck later.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Another thing that is unfair is that I got up really early so that I could watch the full coverage of the Pairs SP on the Eurosport Player using the 3 hour catch up. Except, it isn't winding back!!!! :mad: :bang:
Are you using the Eurosport player app? I think that's where the problem lies. Because apparently it's working fine in the computer browser version (I know ~Pamina~ can rewind).
I submitted a question about it to Eurosport, but of course never received a reply. :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Are you using the Eurosport player app? I think that's where the problem lies. Because apparently it's working fine in the computer browser version (I know ~Pamina~ can rewind).

Nope, I'm on the computer too.

I was able to re-wind last night when the broadcast was actually on (I missed the first couple of minutes of the Ladies SP broadcast, and so caught up during the adverts on Eurosport 2).

So, I think it has to do with either the competition being over (you know the way that some timeshift channels are not allowed to show sporting events that were on the "original" channel), or the fact that the channel was off air at the time I was trying to wind back.

Either way, it's very annoying!!! :mad:

Oh well, I'll just have to watch the TV highlights tonight, and hope that somebody has uploaded the rest of the skaters to YouTube.

I submitted a question about it to Eurosport, but of course never received a reply. :mad:

They didn't reply to me when I sent an e-mail complaining about something a couple of years ago. But, then I posted the same complaint as a poor review on their Facebook page, and I got a reply very quickly!

So, perhaps you should try that tactic! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Perhaps people should start writing complaints about the Australian situation on FB then? I mean surely, if they aren't going to show it there, Eurosport could contact the ISU with dispensation to unblock Australia?

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Within the 3 hour window the rewind works just fine on my computer (about the only thing that works properly, so I'll take it). I thought maybe it was a problem with Winnie's app, but if it doesn't work on your computer either, CL_fan :confused2: I guess their tech just sucks?!

Maybe I should ask them and send them your account information :slink: I got an answer twice already within the last week. Second one was just as useless as the first one, but much more polite, since my first reply indicated that I didn't care for their attitude of "eff the customer, we'll just copy/paste a random answer to a question she didn't even ask" (maybe try asking for an answer in German :p you two should be able to manage that, right? The answer most likely won't help you one bit, but at least you'd get one)