2015 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
They are giving themselves room as we get closer to 4CC and Worlds, to push the PCS through the roof. I don't understand why the judges keep rewarding such a lifeless couple with ridiculously undeserving PCS scores. D/R have no incentive to get any better in this scoring system. RIP figure skating.

Well i guess you're just in disagreement with the judges then,
They really don't owe D\R anything, There's no major Canadian pressure of any sort,
They're just giving them those marks.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
It's kind of a coincidence that you're just repeating some of the same arguments made earlier about another skater's choreography but making them oddly more hyperbolic and exaggerated....

I believe this 100%.

I usually keep it to myself though.

liv

Record Breaker
I try to like d/r really, but it never works. Wait, I like him, just cannot like her at all. However, they are consistent and get the stuff done that gets them marks. Even those awkward throws are landed, just not like butter. Everything they do looks like it is a huge effort, but it doesnt matter how it looks if you actually do it. So, unless other teams bring it, they will keep winning.

whatif

Medalist
I try to like d/r really, but it never works. Wait, I like him, just cannot like her at all. However, they are consistent and get the stuff done that gets them marks. Even those awkward throws are landed, just not like butter. Everything they do looks like it is a huge effort, but it doesnt matter how it looks if you actually do it. So, unless other teams bring it, they will keep winning.

I think that where I am too. Meagan is just the most awkward pairs skater. Such a mismatch. But they deliver the goods, so there is that.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
D\R can try Quad Lutz in the future if they want,

They don't need it to stay top in the World

They have the hardest elements

AND THE BEST FS, Pure gold.

If judged fairly, yes.

Sui/Han with Quad Sal and Quad Twist are very competitive, though. D/R aren't guaranteed victory if that team skates perfect. V/T with a Quad Twist could also be able to outscore D/R even if they skate perfect, regardless of it being a fair outcome or not.

Quad Lutz would ensure nobody can beat them, if they can do a perfect program with it. I think a problem right now is that they have to train the throw 3Lutz for the SP. Having to train two separate sets of timing makes it more difficult. If ISU starts allowing Quad Throws in the SP next season, that would help them I think.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
If judged fairly, yes.

Sui/Han with Quad Sal and Quad Twist are very competitive, though. D/R aren't guaranteed victory if that team skates perfect. V/T with a Quad Twist could also be able to outscore D/R even if they skate perfect, regardless of it being a fair outcome or not.

Quad Lutz would ensure nobody can beat them, if they can do a perfect program with it. I think a problem right now is that they have to train the throw 3Lutz for the SP. Having to train two separate sets of timing makes it more difficult. If ISU starts allowing Quad Throws in the SP next season, that would help them I think.

Is that even in the talks?

And yes S\H clean with 2 quads could rival them if they only do one,

Still waiting to see how V\T show up for the rest of the season

gmyers

Record Breaker
If v and t show up!!! Why do v and t want to compete just to lose badly and be weakened forever as a talented team? They don't have the elements. They are not plushenko who always had quads.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
D\Rs FS is phenomenal...what a privileged that was to watch!.

And for those who think that was not..., you missed an incredible skating moment! There is not a team in the world who can come close to them. Eric's presentation is amazing and Megan is the epitome of the ultimate competitor. In a word, "fearless"! The theme is their reality. Two small town kids, skating to honour their communities, is so touching... and that ending! Such joy, respect and love for each other! I will be looking at this one over and over, for years to come!

A wonderful start to their season.

Last edited: