2015 IceChallenge Men SP and FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 IceChallenge Men SP and FS

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Lol, I've been watching, though I must admit that my big interest is Jason's quad :)

So tell us about Michal, Anton and Artur, well Dmitry I know about(son of the great pair skater A. D.)

Well, Anton just skated & did a beautiful job...he trains with Menshov, Leonova, etc. under Rukavitsyn. And Mikhail was the silver medalist at Ondrej Nepela...possibly the only one here who could give Jason a run for his money if he is totally clean.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Anton had a nice skate...really fit the music. He ended a second or 2 after the music.

Ryan T. explaining they are hoping to get online results working again.

Anton 74.16 points...second place

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I enjoyed Shulepov :) Good job! And it seems that I’ve seen those black flapping tails already on so many guys this season. A trend?

Is Jorik in first place?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kori is more rock and roll than Jason, Nick says. I agree, lol.

ETA: 85 points - new SB!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
There's another Ionian guy in this group...hope he's a little better. I assume they are brothers?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beautiful skate, Jason ... you're on your way:cheer:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
85.29!

As for Jason's PCS in the FS sans quad: "Doesn't count" is the wrong phase. Rather I feel the 89 at WTT was a huge outlier when he received marks 83-85 in the other parts of the ISU Championship season (i.e. 4CC/Worlds). I feel WTT for whatever reason has quite a bit of inflation relative to other events. So I take Jason's 89 as an outlier until the scoring trends at other events show otherwise.

AT this point he seems to be squarely in the 83-85 range.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Yay Jason - he looked pretty good! So glad he was clean. Now I've go to go back to work, unfortunately.

ETA thanks Mrs P! You're probably right about WTT but it really was a great performance. Anyway, glad he got 85+ today - much nicer than 76 or whatever he got at SA. He did look a bit slow today, so maybe he can better that score - will be interested to see protocols later.

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking forward to Artur, I've never seen him skate and I'm a huge fan of his father, the great pairs skater (esp. with Mishketenov

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Well, Anton just skated & did a beautiful job...he trains with Menshov, Leonova, etc. under Rukavitsyn. And Mikhail was the silver medalist at Ondrej Nepela...possibly the only one here who could give Jason a run for his money if he is totally clean.

Thanks... I hope Mikhail does well then, so there's a competition.

OK, so no quad try in short then for Jason :frown: Oh, well, he doesn't need it...

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Simon from AUT..weird fall on nothing and slide into the boards. Does not appear injured. Big step out on 3A. Program kind of slow. He is the brother of Mario.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Simon from AUT..weird fall on nothing and slide into the boards. Does not appear injured. Big step out on 3A. Program kind of slow. He is the brother of Mario.

I think that was a jump attempt that got away from him. Like a loop but rather than his body start rotating, his skate when away from him.