2015 IceChallenge Men SP and FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015 IceChallenge Men SP and FS

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Who was he coached by before?
Artur has always been Mishin's student until he moved to Adelina's coach about 1 or 2 years ago, together with his mother who used to be Moskvina team's choreographer. I don't know the inside story of his move, but it does have something to do with Tarasova. Last season (I am not sure about the accuracy of the timing) they moved back to St. Petersburg .

Art&Sport

Medalist
I came late to viewing this competition. Kolyada looks like a very talented up-and-comer from Russia (still young, but on his way). Hope he skates well at Russian Nationals. I'd rather see Kolyada and Menshov rather than Kovtun and Voronov at Worlds.

Jason still looks like he's not comfortable with trying and missing on the quad. If he tries and misses, he needs to be solid on everything else. I do love Jason's fp. It has so many lovely nuances. I totally hope Jason can pull things together and be more consistent technically through the rest of the season. Clearly, Jason is still the class of the field at Graz in terms of style and artistic presentation.

Dmitriev can jump and nice music selection and red shirt, but his program lacks any compelling presence and showmanship. It was more like just moving around over the music and setting up for the jumps. Dmitriev the Younger lacks any hint of his father's style.

Hendryckx is another very good jumper who lacks style and presence on the ice. I'm not sure why Hendryckx is using snippets of dialogue from the movie, Titanic, with Leo and Kate. :noshake:

Last edited: