2015 IceChallenge Ladies SP and FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 IceChallenge Ladies SP and FS

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Doesn't she have to do the 3 flip in combination with at least a double or it gets no points? Wouldn't it be smart to add the 2toe rather than have the element not count at all?

No, but she would get -3 GOE across the board, so the difference isn't big

3F+COMBO : 5.3-2.1 = 3.2
3F+2T(fall) : 5.3+1.3-2.1-1.00 = 3.5

OK, it was better to tack on 2T AND fall (than not to)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Doesn't she have to do the 3 flip in combination with at least a double or it gets no points? Wouldn't it be smart to add the 2toe rather than have the element not count at all?

Mirai had the alternative possibility to add the 2T to the 3Loop which was yet to come, thus making the 3F the solo jump which was good enough ( -1 at worst).
Mistake aside, I really loved her SP. I usually like Mirai but never been a fan. But today she was spectacular and head and shoulders above the competition from a PCS perspective (even though it is not reflected in the marks)

icellist

On the Ice

it would've been better for her to add a 2T to her Lp in my opinion. She was very close to the boards

tulosai

Record Breaker
Mirai had the alternative possibility to add the 2T to the 3Loop which was yet to come, thus making the 3F the solo jump which was good enough ( -1 at worst).
Mistake aside, I really loved her SP. I usually like Mirai but never been a fan. But today she was spectacular and head and shoulders above the competition from a PCS perspective (even though it is not reflected in the marks)

This. The flip was the first jump so she could have done a 3 loop 2toe or even a 3toe 2 toe later instead.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
No, Sima, no! What are you doing girl, you can't be falling on a flip like that!! :cry:

kwankwan

Rinkside
What was Mirai's place after her SP? I saw her snapchat saying she had fallen and now I'm curious. :(

brookes1968

Rinkside
why did kailani get downgraded on her flying spin. She looked disappointed with her mark and its seemed a good skate without the dodgy lutz

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
why did kailani get downgraded on her flying spin. She looked disappointed with her mark and its seemed a good skate without the dodgy lutz

Just a quick watch on the video, looks to me like she didn't get down into the sit position within two revolutions, so she got the V.

Bit disappointed to see all the -GOE on her flip.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is anyone else planning to tune in for the final group?

I'm planning on tuning in for the second-last group. Kailani!

If I stay awake long enough...

EDIT: Alas, I am sorry Kailani, but my eyes keep closing of their own accord. Goodnight!

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm planning on tuning in for the second-last group. Kailani!

If I stay awake long enough...

EDIT: Alas, I am sorry Kailani, but my eyes keep closing of their own accord. Goodnight!

:laugh2: I am sure she would understand :) I hope she will do well and you'll wake up to a big score from her!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wow so surprised, same music as Julia's FS Leningrad

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
haha that knc, massive feather fan!!