2015 IceChallenge Ice Dance SD and FD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 IceChallenge Ice Dance SD and FD

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am having a big problem with buffering today which is strange because probably there aren't that many viewers. I know I cleared everything so maybe it is Ice Challenge problem.

Mine is doing well... that is strange. There seem to only be 158 viewers lol so I highly doubt it's that...

TMC

Record Breaker
Mine is doing well... that is strange. There seem to only be 158 viewers lol so I highly doubt it's that...

Mine works well for about half the time, then for the other half it's so choppy it's more like a series of photographs than a video :laugh:

I hope Max & Olesia do well....they are under enormous pressure because they moved to train under Zueva this summer and everybody expects there to be phenomenal improvement of course. Sadly it's the other Finnish team that's done the record-breaking so far this season. Well not sadly because I quite like them, but for Olesia & Max it must be hard

tulosai

Record Breaker
Mine works well for about half the time, then for the other half it's so choppy it's more like a series of photographs than a video :laugh:

I hope Max & Olesia do well....they are under enormous pressure because they moved to train under Zueva this summer and everybody expects there to be phenomenal improvement of course. Sadly it's the other Finnish team that's done the record-breaking so far this season. Well not sadly because I quite like them, but for Olesia & Max it must be hard

:thumbsup: They are the main reason I am watching this group... I also hope they will do well!

TMC

Record Breaker
:thumbsup: They are the main reason I am watching this group... I also hope they will do well!

I really like their FD this season, and I'm looking forward to seeing a clean performance of it. FT was heartbreaking, Olesia was crying in the interview :cry:

TMC

Record Breaker
Hang on - was that Sigur Ros and was it actually their SD music?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I liked the music and they seemed to have speed and good ice coverage. A new SB so that is much better than Finlandia.

Shazam to the rescue: it was Go Do by Jónsi. So almost Sigur Ros :laugh:

TMC

Record Breaker
:rofl: Max and Olesia did pretty well I thought!! They look happy which is most important.

Low score though...close to their PB but still low :(

Them moving to the US is the best thing that happened......to Törn/Partanen :slink:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Low score though...close to their PB but still low :(

Them moving to the US is the best thing that happened......to Törn/Partanen :slink:

:slink:

I like K/F's program but her costume is not flattering at all... skirt flares in a lovely way during the twizzles though!

TMC

Record Breaker
Ryan :love:

Also listening to him is making me feel homesick for the North

mom2cavs

Rinkside
I did like the skirt of the dress!

Thomas/Eton look quite good for a new team, but I think she could have befitted from a year in juniors... it wasn't to be though so she'll just have to grow here I suppose :) Lovely lift at the end, looked very effortless. RW pattern seems to need a bit of work.

Thomas competed last year with Alexander Martin at juniors. I believe they finished 10th at nationals.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Thomas competed last year with Alexander Martin at juniors. I believe they finished 10th at nationals.

Other than at Nationals though? I thought that was her only competition as a junior, and I think she could have benefited from at least a whole year worth of competitions :)

mom2cavs

Rinkside
Other than at Nationals though? I thought that was her only competition as a junior, and I think she could have benefited from at least a whole year worth of competitions :)

They competed at Placid and sectional. I don't know if they competed anywhere else.

tulosai

Record Breaker
They competed at Placid and sectional. I don't know if they competed anywhere else.

Thanks for the info! I guess no one watched the free dance (myself included) but it looks like Thomas/Eton came out on top! Congrats to them on their first international win!

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Thank you tulosai, appreciate your message. Their hard work and the three competitions that USFSA and the International Competition Committee gave D and D is appreciated. Since joining together mid April they continue to improve. We are so grateful to all the coaches that have been involved teaching and mentoring D & D;

Marina, Massimo, Oleg, Johnny, Tanith, Charlie, Olena and Michael. What an amazing team of coaches and mentors.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like that theyre being called team D&D. That's clever and I hadn't seen that before. Congrats to them and to you Turbo Mom! Marina has been wonderful to my favorite ladies skater this year and I have nothing but respect toward her and her team.

If anyone hasn't checked out D&D's website I've linked it below ;)

:cheer: :cheer2: :party:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hang on - was that Sigur Ros and was it actually their SD music?

@TMC

Isn't that the band from Iceland? I was told that they have sort of invented their own language of chanting for their music but never really looked into it to verify. I have one song by them on my iPod that I love but never had a chance to explore them further. Anyway...I'm asking you because you brought it up and IIRC your from Finland and much closer to them than I am on this side of the globe.

Im completely unfamiliar with Jónsi though :slink:

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
@TMC

Isn't that the band from Iceland? I was told that they have sort of invented their own language of chanting for their music but never really looked into it to verify. I have one song by them on my iPod that I love but never had a chance to explore them further. Anyway...I'm asking you because you brought it up and IIRC your from Finland and much closer to them than I am on this side of the globe.

Im completely unfamiliar with Jónsi though :slink:

Yes! I really like them even though I'm not a big music person. I don't think I would know much otherwise but my husband happens to be a DJ and he's a big fan. He talked me into watching a documentary about them called Heima, which is about a tour they did in Iceland. It was actually very good!

Jónsi is the singer-songwriter, and the band is actually named after his little sister Sigurrós ("Sigur rós" literally means "Victory Rose" in Icelandic). And yes, they have their own language - or at least Jónsi does - which is called Vonlenska or Hopelandic. Pretty cool, eh!?

Also, they had a cameo in Game of Thrones as the band that played The Rains of Castamere in Joffrey's wedding :biggrin:

Finland doesn't really have much of a connection with Iceland, but I do in that I did Scandinavian Studies at university and I can even read Icelandic pretty well.

Anyway, I definitely recommend watching Heima if you want to get to know the band better. The music and the Icelandic landscapes are glorious, and the band members seem like very cool people.