2015 IceChallenge Ice Dance SD and FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 IceChallenge Ice Dance SD and FD

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks so much TMC!

Sorry if my lumping of all Europe together is annoying. :eek:: For some reason I thought there was a similar language shared between your region and Iceland but I'll just stop before I embarrass myself any further and expose my lack of knowledge on your part of the world. :hopelessness:

TMC

Record Breaker
Thanks so much TMC!

Sorry if my lumping of all Europe together is annoying. :eek:: For some reason I thought there was a similar language shared between your region and Iceland but I'll just stop before I embarrass myself any further and expose my lack of knowledge on your part of the world. :hopelessness:

That's fine really, don't worry :)

I think culturally we are very similar to the other four Nordic countries, but linguistically very very different. Finnish is completely unrelated to those languages, but you could very well lump Swedish, Danish and Norwegian together, they are so close to each other. Even Icelandic at a stretch. But culturally yes, lump away, we're totally in the same group :biggrin:

My pet peeve is when people use the term "Scandinavian" incorrectly: Finland and Iceland are not part of Scandinavia, unlike what many people think. I used to work at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs here, and 99% of my co-workers didn't know this. I kid you not :laugh:

Edit: I just realised that I wrote that we don't have "much of a connection" with Iceland, but that is only in comparison to Sweden and Norway and Denmark. I would say that if the Nordic countries were a family, the three Scandinavian countries are like triplets, Finland is the much younger little sister, and Iceland is the more distant cousin. So connected, yes, but not super close :)

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I like that theyre being called team D&D. That's clever and I hadn't seen that before. Congrats to them and to you Turbo Mom! Marina has been wonderful to my favorite ladies skater this year and I have nothing but respect toward her and her team.

If anyone hasn't checked out D&D's website I've linked it below ;)

:cheer: :cheer2: :party:

Team D-squared! (If you could do a squared sign on a computer...)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Um I love this is a Sigor Ros thread!!! :thumbsup:

I'm a huge fan. They do a great live show. (I'm overdue, since the last time I saw them was in 2006).

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
I call them D2 since I don't know how to make a "Squared" sign on the message board. Thanks

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I call them D2 since I don't know how to make a "Squared" sign on the message board. Thanks

Congratulations to D[SUP]2[/SUP] :).

The superscript button is available if you choose the "Go Advanced" option to write your GS post.
Look for the button that looks like "x[SUP]2[/SUP]".

Or just insert the superscript coding manually -- it should look like the following, except square brackets should be in place of the parentheses:
D(SUP)2(/SUP)

Last edited:

humbaba

Final Flight
I couldn't find the Short Dance and was beginning to think Livestream hadn't archived it. Then I discovered the SD at the end of the fourth day "On the Rocks" segment. Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else had the same problem.

Congratulations to D[SUP]2[/SUP], K/L and K/F.