A few pics | Golden Skate

A few pics

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

The Netherlands! My best friend John is from the Netherlands...married a German lady who is now librarian for the town of Athol, ID. He goes back once a year to the Netherlands to see relatives. He and his wife speak German at home so he has a heavy accent. Dont know how he made it through 25 years in the US Army with that but he is a great guy....we motorcycle tour together...
More pics tonight I think will be added to the album.

Tanka

On the Ice
Thank you for sharing. It's like seeing the event with another person's eyes. Great moment that will never be broadcast.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thank you for sharing. It's like seeing the event with another person's eyes. Great moment that will never be broadcast.

Exactly right. There are pleanty of pics of the event on the web from real photogs. These are my memories.....up to 37 pics now on two pages now....The only pic I missed was when Johnny W. came from behind the curtain 30 ft away from me and watched dance practice. One of the ice monitors came up to me and said, "Dont look quickly, but Is that JW behind me?" I said, "Yes, but I dont like that silver dress and black hand muff he is wearing". So the ice monitor/guru goes over and asks if Tara is here and he said yes and they talked for awhile....JW seemed in good spirits...didnt feel comfortable shooting them that close!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
CoyoteChris SO nice of you to share these pictures. Made the event accessible for me as if I had been there.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
CoyoteChris SO nice of you to share these pictures. Made the event accessible for me as if I had been there.

I too enjoy seeing people's private pics of things one doesnt see on TV. The off ice moments are a very large part of these events.....many can be embarressing so I dont share those...but here are a few interesting ones
I have taken over the years....note the three "Kids" in the stands.....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/CoyoteChris303/library/skating?sort=3&page=1