The Ohio Derby! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

The Ohio Derby!

Johar

Medalist
Suburban results: Peace Rules, Newfoundland, and Funny Cide!

3 Peace Rules
2 Newfoundland
1 Funny Cide
6 Colonial Colony
4 Sarava
7 Dynever
8 Bowman's Band
5 Devil Time

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
American Oaks results:

7 Ticker Tape (GB) (Desormeaux, K.J.) 121 BL 7 5-1 1/2 4-1 4-1 1/2 2-1/2 1-2 1-1 12.00

6 Dance in the Mood (JPN) (Take, Y.) 121 6 2-1 3-1 3-Head 3-Head 3-2 1/2 2-2 1.40*

4 Hollywood Story

10 Western Hemisphere

5 Amorama (FR)

2 Mambo Slew

3 Boulevardofdreams (NZ)

11 Eternal Melody (NZ)

1 Misty Heights (GB)

9 Western Ransom 20.40

13 Steel Princess (IRE)

12 Lovely Rafaela

8 French Lady (NZ)

I was very disappointed Dance in the Mood lost, because she is a daughter of Sunday Silence and I wanted to prove that his offspring can run and win outside of Japan. Her jockey gave her a bad ride, and it didn't help that she was rank throughout the race. :cry:

Johar

Medalist
Rock Hard Ten to run in Swaps at Hollywood Park tomorrow.

Hollywood Park - July 10th, 2004 - Race 7
Swaps Breeders' Cup S. - Grade: 2
Estimated Local Post Time: 4:36 PM

Purse: $400,000
Distance:One And One Eighth Miles
Surface: Dirt

1 Capitano (PA) 8/1

2 Bear in the Woods (KY) 15/1

3 Rock Hard Ten (KY) 4/5

4 Brands Hatch (KY) 10/1

5 Suave (KY) l 5/1

6 Boomzeeboom (FL) 5/2

Johar

Medalist
Dwyer Sytakes
Sunday
Belmont Park

Entries from Equibase:
Post Horse Name Age Sex Weight Jockey Name
1 Sir Shackleton (KY) 3 Colt 121 Rafael Bejarano
2 Medallist (KY) 3 Colt 121 Jorge F. Chavez
3 Shaniko (KY) 3 Colt 115 John R. Velazquez
4 The Cliff's Edge (KY) 3 Colt 123 Shane J. Sellers
5 Ecclesiastic (KY) 3 Colt 115 Richard Migliore
6 Golden Look (KY) 3 Colt 115 Edgar S. Prado
7 Preachinatthebar (KY) 3 Colt 121 Jerry D. Bailey

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rock Hard Ten won the Swaps, but The Cliff's Edge finished second to Medallist (trained by Jerkens).

Cliff's Edge will run in the Jim Dandy at Saratoga as a prep for the Travers there.

bronxgirl

Medalist
RHT's trainer and company always thought he had a lot of talent but was very inexperienced. The classic races this fall will be quite interesting. Go Smarty!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rock Hard Ten reminds me of Strode's Creek, another huge, Baby Huey-like horse who never quite lived up to his billing. He won a few big races here and there, but he was always a bit of a klutz.

Johar

Medalist
I remember Strodes Creek. He used to stand at Stone Farm in Kentucky. He looked like a Halo, but I hope he didn't have the evil Halo temper.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, NO!! Free was one of my all-time favorite horses. I remember him in the Triple Crown races where he shared top billing with Silver Charm and Touch Gold. I can still see him in the stretch, alternately watching 'Charm and the crowd.

A sad day, indeed.

euterpe

Medalist
Ashado turned the tables on Stellar Jayne in the 1.25 mile Coaching Club American Oaks on a muddy track at Belmont this past Saturday. Stellar Jayne was 2nd some 4.5 lengths back. Each filly has won one leg of the filly Triple Tiara. The third and deciding leg will be the 1.25 mile Alabama at Saratoga on August 21st. Ashado's victory in the CCAO at that same distance probably gives her the edge.

This weekend was a bad one for jockeys.

Alex Solis had a bad accident when his mount clipped heels with another horse and went down (the horse was OK). Solis has a fractured vertebra and broken ribs, and may need surgery to stabilize his back. There is no paralysis, but he will be out of action for at least 3 months, maybe longer.

Jose Santos broke his arm in a paddock accident at Belmont, and he will probably miss at least half of the Saratoga meeting.