Detroit area fans--Rohene Ward 6/13 comp. & Detroit SC shows | Golden Skate

Detroit area fans--Rohene Ward 6/13 comp. & Detroit SC shows

Sylvia

Record Breaker
For Detroit area skating fans -- there are 2 different skating events taking place in your area this weekend. The Detroit Skating Club ( http://www.dscclub.com/ ) is holding its annual club show, this year titled "Music Across America," Thursday through Sunday. Times are:
Thursday, June 10 at 7 pm;
Friday, June 11 at 7 pm;
Saturday, June 12 at 2 pm and 7 pm; and
Sunday, June 13 at 2 pm.
Tickets are $20 and $10; Phone 248-332-3000 ext. 302 to order tickets by credit card.
Possible performers include Yuka Sato & Jason Dungjen, and 2004 Nationals skaters such as Marcy Hinzmann & Aaron Parchem, Alissa Czisny (& twin sister Amber), Meryl Davis & Charlie White, Ben Woolwine, Melissa Telecky, Amanda Adelson, and William Brewster.

And for the skating fans who've yet to experience Rohene Ward's skating talents in person -- his first competition of the 2004-05 season will be the Puerto Rican Figure Skating National Championships, June 12-13, at the Farmington Hills Ice Arena in Farmington Hills, Michigan (NW of Detroit). Rohene's maternal grandparents were born and raised in Puerto Rico. More information on the competition can be found at:
http://www.sk8stuff.com/utility/lister_event_detail.asp?id=2380

The Senior Men's short and long programs (exhibition) will take place on Sunday, June 13, with the short scheduled to start after 12 pm noon and the long after 2:30 pm. Rohene will debut two new programs -- his short is to "The Messiah Will Come Again" by Roy Buchanan, and his long to "Jesus Christ Superstar" by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

If anyone makes it to either of these events, reports/general impressions/etc. would be appreciated! :)

Thanks for the information, Sylvia. I think I will go to the DSC show tonight (Thursday).

There does not seem to be any information about it on the web site, except that it is listed on the calendar.

These are some pretty good skaters. I look forward to it. I'll post my report tomorrow.

Mathman:)

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Enjoy the DSC show tonight, Mathman! I don't know if all the skaters I listed above will, in fact, perform, but hopefully some will! Looking forward to your report! :)