2015 Cup of China Mens Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Mens Free Skate

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Candidly I remain surprised at how slow the process has been for a Chinese man to pull together more of a complete package. So many have been athletically brilliant. But still so many shortcomings as far as music selection, costuming, design and layout of programs. It's as if Lu Chen was an anomaly.

I strongly feel Jackie Chan can do a better job choreograph for Han Yan than Lori has done for the last 3 years.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
I strongly feel Jackie Chan can do a better job choreograph for Han Yan than Lori has done for the last 3 years.

Agree with this. Han Yan is quite a polished skater. He just need to escape from Lori's clutches and fix his inability to do a clean free skate since ever.

icekiwi

On the Ice
Omg, he's wearing the same pvc pants...pvc pants = not sexy, red sharpie drawing heart on t-shirt = not sexy....:drama:

This is why I hate galas....haha...

I haven't laughed so much after reading a thread - ya - agree about those pvc pants on young boys.

After watching Jin's exhibition with MJ's music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUOpvYwf-c0), I had tears in my eyes from laughing - he is just so entertaining and so funny at the same time.

He is actually a very good dancer and can move his hips.

I agree with the person who say Jin should use MJ's music with all its iconic moves for his SP - that sure is much better than his current choice of music.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Candidly I remain surprised at how slow the process has been for a Chinese man to pull together more of a complete package. So many have been athletically brilliant. But still so many shortcomings as far as music selection, costuming, design and layout of programs. It's as if Lu Chen was an anomaly.

It's due to the overwhelming stereotype that Chinese athletes are just that - athletes. And when they push for bigger and harder elements, and more and more of said elements, it reinforces this pigeon holing.

qwertyskates

Medalist
I agreed with everyone, but instead of MJ which is overdone, I'd like to see these handsome rocking gangly young men try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqYhuwu614Y

There're lots of hip thrusts there, so Jin and Yuzuru better take note...also lots of upper body movements for an amazing Step Sequence!:eekn:

Ok, I always wanted to see a techtonik piece on ice...:tantrum:

Jackie Chan can choreograph it too.

As someone with dance training, I'd say Yuzuru's and Jin's posture, extension and arms not to mention core muscles will benefit from dance classes, it's more aesthetic on ice too. Good to take a break from skating and jumps to get these fixed.

Patrick did it, and it improved his performance so much.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Im starting to hate the word 'polished' as much as 'complete skater' :hopelessness:

& :thumbsup: Moria Polonius!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
WHY are you guys so encouraging about that move for young boys?? :whack:

Uh I was referring to Plushenko's music and the "iconic" hip thrusts. :sarcasm: I think hip thrusts are awful and need to be removed from all competitive skating events - mandatory deduction.

Warwick360

Medalist
:jaw:Just realised that there is no live coverage of figure skating on B.Eurosport, tomorrow, apart from Free Dance. I mean I couldn't care less at the moment about Dance right now.:cry::bang:

:shame::palmf:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
WHY are you guys so encouraging about that move for young boys?? :whack:

Well, he is 18. Not a child. I'm not saying they are necessary or good choreo even, but there wouldn't be a problem if they were choreographed.

And also CSG was joking...

Poice

Final Flight
Just realised that there is no live coverage of figure skating on B.Eurosport, tomorrow, apart from Free Dance. I mean I couldn't care less at the moment about Dance right now.:cry::bang:

:shame::palmf:

Weird because Polish Eurosport is going to show everything live :cheer:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Yay Polish ESP! I, unfortunately, have a three-hour long youth orchestra rehearsal to sit through, and am probably going to miss a lot of stuff. :dbana:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
That used to be the case for Javi, but he worked on his skating skills a lot. He's not Chan or Hanyu, but look at Javi in 2011 and look at him now - the difference is huge. Some people just don't want to see the improvement :shrug:

They just refuse to honestly when the improvements have been quite drastic IMHO. I wasn't aware confinement in style means SS and body lines have stagnated.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Has there ever been a Free Skate which had got more comments here although there are more than 10 hours left till warm up will start?

Boyang Jin flashed the Figure Skating world today:ghug:. I believe he is ablte to gain the win tomorrow over Javier. But this incredible technic ability he is showing this weekend will not not work in every competition next time.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Has there ever been a Free Skate which had got more comments here although there are more than 10 hours left till warm up will start?

Boyang Jin flashed the Figure Skating world today:ghug:. I believe he is ablte to gain the win tomorrow over Javier. But this incredible technic ability he is showing this weekend will not not work in every competition next time.
Javier must implode to let that happen, which is not impossible lol