Music Icon Ray Charles has died! | Golden Skate

Music Icon Ray Charles has died!

bronxgirl

Medalist
I loved his music and especially his version of America the Beautiful. He gave that song so much soul... :cry:

Antilles

Medalist
Sad to hear. I actually saw him in concert less than a year ago. He was still putting on great shows.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I just checked Amazon.com.......funny how it seems to reflect society........last week several sound tracks from Broadway shows were topping the charts, now I see that a CD from Ray Charles is number 8........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
bronxgirl said:
I loved his music and especially his version of America the Beautiful. He gave that song so much soul... :cry:

ITA... I don't think even Clay Aiken (my heart-throb) could give the same sort of power and emotion to that song... and he's the best ;) (sorry I needed to talk Clay ;))

seriously though... I loved Ray's music... he'll be missed

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Such sad news. He will be missed for sure. I am really glad I have the skating tribute they did for him on tape because it was probably one of the last times he was on stage performing and the only time he's ever done anything like that. What a sad week. So many famous faces passing away. :cry:

Kasey

Medalist
RIP Ray...always the classic.

Funny, I'm having a yearning for "Georgia on my mind" at this point.....and NOT the Michael Bolten version! Talk about singers that make you ill!

Kasey

I feel so fortunate that I got to see/hear Ray Charles live when he played Salt Lake City in about 1983. The friend I went with knew a lot about Ray, so before the concert he gave me about a two-hour history of Ray Charles from his record collection.

Ray Charles live certainly did not disappoint. Truly an icon.

Now Ray will be part of the chorus of the universe.
Rgirl