2015 Cup of China Ladies Free Skate | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Ladies Free Skate

iceberg

On the Ice
I don't remember if it's Scott or Kurt several years ago saying this "3Lz3T is more difficult than 3A2T because it has more rotation." :con3::gaah:
As for me it's just: commentators!!! :curse:

Its Scott. Kurt again is more professional and articulate and for me is a much much much better commentator than him. [emoji4]

mary01

Final Flight
Listen sister, I did not deny that Mao got those lutzes ratified. I'm talking about what I have seen on the ice. The tech panel and judges are human beings and they sometimes make mistakes. Same with Mao's underrotations which, like I have pointed out often already, the judges often miss because thery are sometimes hard to spot.
Again: Fact is that Mao flutzes (I have seen her take her off from a true, clear outside edge, if you think the opposite you are free to post and prove it). One or two mistakes from the tech panel doesn't change that.

Well if you went back and compared her lutz in 2007 when she was under Rafael to her lutz in 2008/2009 when she was under Tarasova you would notice there is a HUGE difference between her lutz before and after, so the lutz did not suddenly get ratified out of the blue but through hard work, her only mistake was that she abandoned it the following season to focus on the 3A, but it seems like Sato is bringing it back this season!

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Listen sister, I did not deny that Mao got those lutzes ratified. I'm talking about what I have seen on the ice. The tech panel and judges are human beings and they sometimes make mistakes. Same with Mao's underrotations which, like I have pointed out often already, the judges often miss because thery are sometimes hard to spot.
Again: Fact is that Mao flutzes (I have seen her take her off from a true, clear outside edge, if you think the opposite you are free to post and prove it). One or two mistakes from the tech panel doesn't change that.

She flutzes but if the technical panel/judges are unsure, benefit of the doubt should be given to the skater (whether it's incorrect edges, under-rotations...).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She flutzes but if the technical panel/judges are unsure, benefit of the doubt should be given to the skater (whether it's incorrect edges, under-rotations...).

Doesn't that also depend on how much doubt the panel has? :laugh: I think we can all tell it's a Flutz that got ratified so how about we go about our day.

You're awful unforgiving with some skaters and then magically reasonable with others. :giveup:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Doesn't that also depend on how much doubt the panel has? :laugh: I think we can all tell it's a Flutz that got ratified so how about we go about our day.

You're awful unforgiving with some skaters and then magically reasonable with others. :giveup:

Rather, an attempt should be taken to give the benefit of the doubt. Of course, reputation hurts.

Here we're talking about something that's relatively definitive: technical issues.

Barb

Record Breaker

But not you, you have the truth :sarcasm:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I agree, I am a bit worried too. Rika will be at Rostelecom Cup too, so I could easily envision a podium without Lena on it (though I don't want to). I just hope Elena stays in good health and regains her jump consistency. However, I am pleased with her improved overall skating skills, posture, etc. so I already think she has progressed from last year. The field is just tougher this year!

I don't think GPF will play a major role in determining the Euros/Worlds teams in Russia this season because it seems quite likely that only 2 or 3 Russians make the GPF. Adelina is only doing one event, so she can't qualify, Julia has a decent chance to medal at TEB but she won't qualify either after finishing 6th at SA, Anna with a 4th place could MAYBE make it if she wins NHK, but with Mao and Ashley there that doesn't seem likely, and even with a 4+1 it wouldn't be certain for her to qualify.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Elena would need to win COR to secure herself a spot in the GPF. If she is 2nd, then she'd be on the bubble and maybe make it but maybe not. If she's 3rd or lower I think she's definitely out. One question though is that if she's 3rd but Adelina is one of the people who places ahead of her, would that mean she could still make it just because Adelina's medal isn't going to count in terms of qualification? Another question would be, if Anna were to place 2nd at NHK could she possibly make it? (4-2 would win a tiebreaker over a 3-3, and IIRC Gao and Tuk qualified for GPF with 4-2 in the past). I doubt Anna wins NHK, but I do think it's possible that she could maybe finish 2nd if she skates like she did at MO (of course, there's also a good chance she'll place like 4th-6th, it will really just depend).

In any event, it seems like Tuk and Medvedeva making GPF is a pretty likely scenario, and I'm not sure a 3rd Russian will make it honestly. I see the most likely GPF lineup being:

Evgenia
Liza
Ashley
Gracie
Mao
Rika

Alternates will probably be Elena, Satoko, and Kanako or Anna. Elena could definitely still make the final, but it's hard to say who she would knock out.

^ they botch skaters' names from various countries quite frequently too, what do you expect. At least they didn't botch Mao's name because her name is easy to pronounce. :console:

Although, I have heard people pronounce Mao is in Mayonnaise. (The former Chairman of the Chinese Communist Party, too. ;)

In most cases it's not mispronunciation, in most cases they're too lazy to learn how to pronounce their names right.

Sometimes the commentator just can't do it. Speakers of American English just can't manage the initial sound in the name "Nguyen," for instance. (Terry Gannon tries, but IMHO he would be better off just to give up and say, "Win."

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But what if Nguyen were to "win". Then how would I be able to compute the sentence properly:cool14:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States