Who is coming to St. Paul? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who is coming to St. Paul?

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thanks for your response, karne. For your interest we are currently in eastern Montana headed for Williston, North Dakota where the current temperature at 4:00 PM is -22degrees Celsius. When we made our last trip to Nationals in 2008, they had to drain the water from our sleeper car so that it would not freeze up. As I recall temperature overnight at that time was -30 degrees Fahrenheit which would be about -34 degrees Celsius.

sk8addict

On the Ice
Returning to Nationals after a 9 year absence. Had tickets, reservations and transportation paid for 9years ago when Nationals were in St. Paul. Unfortunately bacterial meningitis had other plans for me. After two near death experiences and $60,000 in medical debt even with my insurance I have regained my life and am finally heading to St Paul. It will be like a reunion for me. Can't wait.

Monday evening 6:00. We are in St. Paul. Anything going on at the Exsel center? Where do we buy our official programs?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Have a blast everyone. I'm still lamenting I didn't have someone to bring me to Boston 2 years ago and no one I can count on for worlds. But I haven't looked at prices and people that take care of me would cancel at last minute. Sk8addict I had chemical meningitis and I never recovered got my life back. Gods microbes are better to battle than Pharma chemicals. I hope you have a blast and all of you give detailed reports. I sure will miss Jason Brown. Everybody enjoy and share especially those of you who plan to meet the skaters and get autographs. Such fun.

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am going to Ladies Short program Thursday

I was a volunteer at this event.. 9 years ago already? I got to be an ice musher and get ice into the holes between skates. I got to also sit wih the judges during the ladies long program and deliver papers to some office. Very exciting to volunteer. This year I didn't have time to volunteer so I am going to this with my coworkers after work. We are thinking of eating at Sakura's, a Japanese restaurant on St. Peter St. near the Xcel Center. Can't wait. The tickets were very reasonable.

statmam

On the Ice
I'm coming via Amtrak too. Trains don't seem to get cancelled as often as flights do...although I have no hard data to back up that impression. I like your idea about what to read along the way. There are some skating mysteries in my bag. Safe travels, everyone.