On Site Reports: Share experiences TEB 2015 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports: Share experiences TEB 2015

TheBladeBoys

Rinkside
They call themselves The Blade BOYS (not Brothers).

And yes, they are awesome :) -- so I want to make sure that their correct name becomes familiar to GS members.

The Blade Boys themselves have been posting a lot in the TEB Videos thread (as I mentioned earlier in this thread).

Crossover, thanks for posting their links in this thread as well.

And thanks again to the Blade Boys. (Esp. for videotaping Max :).)

Hah, thank you for the correction... We don't mind the Blade Brothers but it might confuse people when they see us! :laugh:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
They call themselves The Blade BOYS (not Brothers).

And yes, they are awesome :) -- so I want to make sure that their correct name becomes familiar to GS members.

The Blade Boys themselves have been posting a lot in the TEB Videos thread (as I mentioned earlier in this thread).

Crossover, thanks for posting their links in this thread as well.

And thanks again to the Blade Boys. (Esp. for videotaping Max :).)

Oops, you're correct. I don't know why I saw their account name like this..I will fix that. Thanks for the point-out.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hah, thank you for the correction... We don't mind the Blade Brothers but it might confuse people when they see us! :laugh:

;) :laugh: Brother-from-another-mother kind of thing, I imagine.

Oops, you're correct. I don't know why I saw their account name like this..I will fix that. Thanks for the point-out.

Thanks for understanding.

Didn't want a GS member to get confused if looking for them on Twitter or via a search engine.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Forgive me, I had to run to the store. Are there any clips of Gracie or Max up yet?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxa_FxAT8Ho Trophée Bompard 2015 - Training Men

I found a nice montage of the men's practice from twitter, which is so fun to watch. Nice editing and music selection.

All men are shown in the clip and D10 looks pretty good. Nice presentation by Yi WANG of China.

Ponsart in a green shirt looks like a runway model. Chafik is barely seen but his condition seems okay.
The French men are good looking. I wish Florent were there too.

At the end of the clip, you will smile just like I did: Chan and Yi. :laugh:

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Yep, you did the right thing. I might've confused the name due to the thread for famous sibling skaters. :)

TheBladeBoys

Rinkside
Forgive me, I had to run to the store. Are there any clips of Gracie or Max up yet?

It's still uploading (we have clips of both!). Unfortunately the wifi in the hotel isn't the greatest, so uploads are a tad slow, sorry. But they should be done uploading in a bit! ;)

mrrice

Record Breaker
It's still uploading (we have clips of both!). Unfortunately the wifi in the hotel isn't the greatest, so uploads are a tad slow, sorry. But they should be done uploading in a bit! ;)

Thank you so much for providing this clips. Take your time on the clips. I know how boring it can get waiting for hotel wifi. These clips were basically impossible to experience during the 80's when I was skating. ;) Thanks again. :thank:

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Is this the arena where skaters have to take a lift/ an elevator to get to the kiss and cry?

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Peng/Zhang did have a scary fall. Hope they won't do that again unless it is 100% safe. Zhang is completely capable of doing quad throws and Peng is small enough, but for some reasons, their throws are not as good as other Chinese pairs in general, even with triple throws. I wonder if it is because Peng needs more strength to rotate better in the air.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Peng/Zhang did have a scary fall. Hope they won't do that again unless it is 100% safe. Zhang is completely capable of doing quad throws and Peng is small enough, but for some reasons, their throws are not as good as other Chinese pairs in general, even with triple throws. I wonder if it is because Peng needs more strength to rotate better in the air.

The video of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HanrHjJNkn8 (not for sensitive people!)

I hope she will be alright :cry:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thanks a lot Blade Boys :2thumbs:

Heh, heh... I’m glad you focused on boys first. Hard to say who did best, but Kovtun had a hard time. Anyway, I would think it’s not easy for them to perform well, slaloming around other skaters. Hoping for outstanding performances in the real competition :party2:

Much ouch for Peng/Zhang. I still have them for gold though… if they will compete. Any news? I suppose they should withdraw :(