What's your top 3? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What's your top 3?

gotoschool

Medalist
I mainly watched the women
1. Mao Asada's SP - Classy and mesmerizing, power in the triple axel and scintillating finesse in those rhythmic steps, one long flow of smooth motion and deep sharp edges with a great donut and two wonderful Biellman spin variations. Mao was so glamorous in this performance and such a wonderful dancer.

2. Kavaguti and Smirnov FS- incredible quad throw jumps and acrobatic lifts, intense drama and passion. theater meets athletics on ice.

3. Mao Asada's LP - for me the mistakes made the beauty of the triple axel, the steps, spins and expressive balletic movements stand out even more and fit the tragic storyline perfectly with their poignancy. I love Mao's long drawn out expression of melancholy and the slow turn to the right and long glide of her arm in anticipation at the beginning. The performance was truly beautiful but heartbreaking just like the story.

Last edited:

whatif

Medalist
Kawaguti/Smirnov's Manfred!!!!!!!! Finally, they skated almost perfect. The programme for history books. And people keep saying Boyang's history making, but this is the first time ever two quads were landed in in FS in pairs discipline. And not by a fresh teenage jumping prodigy but by a team who are way past their 30s.

Also, of course, Jin's quad lutzes.

and then everyone else. Kind of underwhelming actually.

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
1. Boyang's SP
2. Mao's SP and Javi's version of Mao's SP in EX.
3. Javi's SP and Mao's version of Javi's SP in EX.
4. Yu/Jin's SP, LP, EX
5. Misha's Sp, LP (sorry, ex was too much)

Honorable mention:
Rika's LP, Zijun's SP, K/S's LP & EX.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Second disappointing GP in a row. :gaah:

1. Lena FS
2. Hongo FS
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov FS

Layback11

Record Breaker
1. Mao's SP
2. Rika's FS (seconding Silvia with a +dress :laugh:)
3. Elena's SP (minus the mistakes, a lovely program and another +dress)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Second disappointing GP in a row. :gaah:

Well, it was no Cup of Disaster, so that's an improvement! #ThinkPositive :agree2: At least Rika's presence guarantees one clean skate :laugh:

All being said, it could've been far splattier (SC) or just worse in general (last year's CoC).

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
All being said, it could've been far splattier (SC) or just worse in general (last year's CoC).

Considering the mess that was last year's COC, this year was pretty good :dance2:

andromache

Record Breaker
1. Rika's LP
2. Javi's SP
3. K/S LP

Honorable mentions: Elena's programs (would be in my top 3 if they were fall-free), MAO, Sui/Han (sorry my dears but you got outskated this time), Boyang Jin's SP

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
1. K/S LP :dance2:
2. K/S Gala :ddevil:
3. Mao SP :cheer:

I just fell in love with K/S. Sorry about that :hap93:

Poice

Final Flight
1. Mao Asada - SP
2. Rika Hongo - LP
3. So Youn Park - LP - I still can't believe she got only 51.90PCS for that skate....

Honorable mentions: Boyang's SP - that 4Lz+3T was excellent, Kavaguti/Smirnov LP, free dances of two Chinese pairs - Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU and Yue ZHAO / Xun ZHENG - really liked both.

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
1. Cappellini/Lanotte FD
2. Ilinykh/Zhiganshin FD (potentially, not with current execution)
3. Cappellini/Lanotte SD

Honorable mention: Mao Asada, Kavaguti/Smirnov and Sui/Han FP, Chock/Bates FD.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
the motto of CoC 2015
'Dont write off the veterans! It can bite u in the ***:dev2:'

1 K/S LP hands down :rock: ( athletisism & art CAN go hand in hand! proven! sealed & delivered to you!)
2 Boyang SP
3 K/L both dances

yep yep special mention to Mao's 3A & SuperJavi & S/H & SuperRika
& my supermodel Lena

1. K/S LP
2. K/S Gala
3. Mao SP

I just fell in love with K/S. Sorry about that
Its never too late to fall in love with art

all who mentioned K/S got my likes (ha yes I'm easy like that!:biggrin:)

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
1. Rika Hongo SP/FS - Both performances were fantastic!
2. So Youn Park FS - Ok, I admit that part of the reason was because that was the cleanest FS she ever skated in an international competition since SA last year. The other part is that I found this performance to not only be her best TES performance of the season (obviously) but also her best PCS performance...yet she got lower PCS than both Finlandia and SA.:mad::disapp: I guess she did skate earlier than the previous two so maybe that's the problem..
3. Mao Asada SP - I didn't really like this program as much as I thought I would've at first, but I think I am starting to warm up to it after a few more watches.

Honorable Mention:
Elena Radionova FS - Nice showing after the bad SP. But that music edit...:gaah:

Last edited: