2015 Trophée Bompard Pairs SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015 Trophée Bompard Pairs SP

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Not even close. No thanks. No comparison really. This style does not suit V/T in my opinion. Their overall skill is still present, but they really are not so special as to be receiving such a high score with this effort. Something is missing with them. They have a dynamic between each other, but I find them only a tad more interesting than T/M 1 and 2, and that is mostly due to Maxim's diva-ish drama.

Well, I didn't want to say that I thought it paled in comparison to Meryl and Charlie because I wanted to be polite and because it probably wouldn't be smart of me to compare a pairs program to a dance program. But let's see how this SP develops during the season. They might get something out of it eventually.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I thought it was a fair score. Their elements were good and they have the best skating skills and quality of all the current teams. And good for them for trying something new and different for them. Did people want another Masquerade Walz-type of program again??

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Having seen Tat/Max's huge score before watching the program, and knowing how amazing this team can be, I was decidedly underwhelmed. It wasn't bad by any means, but it didn't have the kind of zip, unison, power and command they used to have. The whole thing was a bit tentative. I'm surprised it's ahead of the rest of the field by that much, when most of the other teams skated great (and IMO, some of them skated better).

Yeah, I was underwhelmed by the program too, and I usually love this team. It was slow and there was none of the "zing" and chemistry required for a Bollywood number. Not sure if it suits them. But they've been out for a bit so by RN/Worlds I'm sure they'll have upped the program into something spectacular - fingers crossed.