Ice Dance Short Dance

Icenetwork Schedule

SCHEDULED (ALL TIMES EASTERN)
11/13/2015 11:25am Short Dance
11/14/2015 9:40am Free Dance

Time in Bordeaux, France (UTC +1)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/france/bordeaux

Compare to the time near where you live
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=179&p3=248&p4=33&p5=240&p6=166&p7=256&p8=236

Detailed Schedule Showing Skaters' Start Times
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpfra2015/gpfra2015_IceDance_SD_TimeSchedule.pdf

Start Order​

ENTRIES​

No.NameNation
1Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIERCAN
SD Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by.the Beatles,
March: German Dance No. 6 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Waltz: Air pour les sauvages by Rameau by Orchestra of the 18th Century; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs, and P.Poirier & P. Gilles
FD "She Said" by Jorane from the I Am Dina soundtrack and Neverland (Saudade); choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs and P.Poirier & P. Gilles
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55187-Piper-Gilles-amp-Paul-Poirier
2Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSENDEN
SD SD Waltz: Never Tear Us Apart by INXS, March by Karl vn de Kerckhove, Waltz: Never Tear Us Apart by INXS; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil, Patrice Lauzon
FD Woman by folk-rock musician Shawn Phillips, with original material from composer Karl Hugo; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil, Patrice Lauzon
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55199-Laurence-Fournier-Beaudry-amp-Nikolaj-Sorensen
WDGabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERONFRA
SD "Charms" from film "W.E." by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Romain Hagenauer and Marie-France Dubreuil
FD "Rain in your black eyes" Ezio Bosso, "To build a home" by Cinematic Orchestra; choreo by Romain Hagenauer and Marie-France Dubreuil
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51269-Gabriella-Papadakis-amp-Guillaume-Cizeron
3Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLANDGBR
SD My Sweet and Tender Beast by Doga; Polka: The Bartered Bride by Bedrich Smetana; choreo by Philip Askew, Zhanna Palagina
FD Exogenesis Part 1 by Muse, Hurricanes and Butterflies by Muse; choreo by Philip Askew, Zhanna Palagina
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?53110-Penny-Coomes-amp-Nicholas-Buckland
4Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKINRUS
SD Waltz: The Stunt Man (soundtrack), Foxtrot: The Stunt Man (soundtrack); choreo by Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia
FD Rachmaninov's Revenge by Freddie Mercury, Montserrat Caballe; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?53582-Alexandra-Stepanova-amp-Ivan-Bukin
5Anna YANOVSKAYA / Sergey MOZGOVRUS
SD Waltz: My Sweet and Tender Beast by Evgeni Doga, March: Ribellione by Ennio Morricone; choreo by Elena Kustarova, Olga Riabinina
FD Young and Beautiful by Lana del Rey, A Little Party Never Killed Nobody by Fergie, Q-Tip, Goonrock; choreo by Elena Kustarova, Olga Riabinina
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?53820-Anna-Yanovskaya-amp-Sergey-Mozgov
6Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCARTUR
SD Waltz: Until... by Sting, Foxtrot: Moon Over Bourbon Street by Sting; choreo by Oleg Volkov and Alexander Zhulin
FD Preserved Figs (soundtrack); choreo by Oleg Volkov and Alexander Zhulin
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56400-Alisa-Agafonova-amp-Alper-Ucar
7Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUEUSA
SD Waltz: Hallelujah by k.d. lang, March: Halleljah by Karl Hugo; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
FD Adagio for Strings (TRON soundtrack) by Daft Punk; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?42096-Madison-Hubbell-amp-Zach-Donohue

Last edited:

whatif

Medalist
This title suddenly became anyone's to take. Who will set up? I am putting my money on G/P or H/D.

Ekm

On the Ice
This title suddenly became anyone's to take. Who will set up? I am putting my money on G/P or H/D.

Will be one of these two or C/B. I never actually believed P/C would skate here (and was expecting a disaster if they did), it's just way too soon, better they take the time to recover properly and get adequate training time under their belts.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I think Coomes & Buckland could be very dangerous here. They defeated G&P in the short dance at Nepela, and that after a harsh end to C&B's season last year. I really love the Brits' free dance to Hurricanes & Butterflies. So much original movement. I would not be surprised to see it score very well here.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Comparing to Cup of China and upcoming Rostelecom cup, TEB is rather boring...

EDIT: boring is not the right word, it is quite interesting actually... but the level is lower comparing to other events

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
Will there be another team taking their place or is this too close to the event?

Layback11

Record Breaker
Has P/C's withdrawal even been confirmed? In the assignments thread, several posters pointed out that there is no ISU document that states this-the only source is something somebody posted on FSU. (I am not even a fan of this team, but I want to know if it's true...I need to edit my predictions if it is! :p)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Will there be another team taking their place or is this too close to the event?

Unfortunately a replacement at this late date is unlikely. To be honest this is a pet peeve of mine in general- when teams who presumably knew a week ago they were going to have to withdraw put it off until the very last minute and another team isn't able to go. IMO it is courteous to give as much notice as you can.

Please note I don't mean anything against P/C in particular by saying this, it is a longstanding pet peeve of mine and in no way specifically directed against them. I wish her well with her recovery.

rosacotton

Final Flight
If P/C do not compete, G/P would have the most to gain I think. A lot of people expected them to win silver at Skate America and instead they had to settle for bronze. Winning here would I believe give them a great chance of making the GPF.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I definitely see what you mean. I wonder though: how much control do the team have in announcing a WD? Is it them or the fed that controls the announcement?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I definitely see what you mean. I wonder though: how much control do the team have in announcing a WD? Is it them or the fed that controls the announcement?

Whoever it was in this instance, I do believe they knew before tonight and it would have been courteous to tell everyone else. The president of the federation visited them in Montreal last week (though this and pictures were only posted informing the public yesterday) and presumably that was when he formed his opinion. If the were a host pick it's possible the fed would and could name a french team even at such a late day, but I believe that they do not qualify as a host pick since how they were 'slotted' for this one was as one of the top 6 teams at Worlds, so replacing them at this point 36 hours before the event begins, is effectively if not literally impossible.

I again want to state this is in no way intended as an attack on P/C. I just think it is really a shame that another team won't get a chance, especially since the French Fed has actually been adding ice dance teams to this event in a good faith kind of way and not just picking the weakest team possible to fill a newly opened slot like Russia did.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
P&C were the main ticket draw for TEB. I can't imagine France wanting to advertise their withdrawal in advance. It was one of the main reasons I wasn't convinced they would be at the event. I do remember one year when Sasha Cohen had to withdraw from Skate America--also being the main draw--that USFSA talked Michelle Kwan into competing just for that one event on the Grand Prix.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
That's a shame but I certainly prefer that they are very careful and recover fully before entering a competition.

I'm really curious now how the event will unfold and who will win the title. I am keeping fingers crossed for Piper and Paul because that will increase their chances for making the GPF, and I am sort of attached to their programs this year. I'd like to see them as many times as possible :)

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
P&C were the main ticket draw for TEB. I can't imagine France wanting to advertise their withdrawal in advance. It was one of the main reasons I wasn't convinced they would be at the event. I do remember one year when Sasha Cohen had to withdraw from Skate America--also being the main draw--that USFSA talked Michelle Kwan into competing just for that one event on the Grand Prix.

Yes, that was why I was wondering if they could have said even weeks ago, "We're not ready" and the French fed said, "Okay, but we'll keep it under our hats for now." Still, we'll never know. It is just a shame not to have them there or an alternate couple.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
:dbana: Bummed that P/C wouldn't compete. They're my most anticipated couple as the majority of ice dance team (with the exception of ShibSibs) have not caught my eyes with their programs this year. I guess this means that G/P might have a high chance of going to the GPF and maybe snag a gold medal here.

whatif

Medalist
Actually Shibutanis prospects of getting through to GPF exponentially grew from this news. As well as Bobrova's. S/S most likely win at NHK with B/S possibly 2nd there, both are looking good now.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Yikes, this dance event now. I mean, it will be kind of exciting to see how this motivates them and how the chips will fall, but I honestly don't expect any team here to finish higher than 8th at Worlds. 6th and 7th are still up for grabs of course, but right now I think Sinitsina/Katsalapov and Bobrova/Soloviev will take those places.

Assuming Papa/Ciz are also out of NHK, this is a huge opportunity for Hubbell/Donohue and Stepanova/Bukin. Let's see if either of them can step it up and skate their best ever at these next two events.

lmarie086

Medalist
I feel for Papadakis/Cizeron and will miss seeing their programs this weekend, but her health is absolutely the top priority.

Really hoping to see Hubbell/Donohue step it up at TEB now; I'd love for this to be their first season making the GPF. Hope it happens. Also would like to see Coomes/Buckland do well here.