2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb General Info | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb General Info

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is she or it was just a rumour? She is not listed. What were they saying in those articles?

Just saying she will participate.

I also looked for Sotnikova, because of the rumor upthread. But the list is updated as of 11-25 and no Sotnikova. Only Leonov.

More importantly, Russia has no substitutions if I'm looking at the entry list correctly. When is the deadline to enter?? The competition is scheduled to start in 2 days

The Finn posted this in Adelina's thread. There is an X near her name for Golden Spin, so Russia did enter her

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cs2015/csladies.htm

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Same press reporter who reported Sotnikova participation also states that Tukt is now on the list with Leonova being bumped.

Last edited:

red cat

Rinkside
Thank you! I have bought already tickets.
Is practice open for everyone with a daily ticket?

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How confusing - it seems we don't know who's entered until they show up to skate? LOL

Anyway, this looks to be a good competition with some prominent skaters which will fill our time until the GPF next weekend.

viennaskater

Medalist
I am pleased to see Gordei Gorchkov is competing - he was my fave at the Ondrej Nepela in Bratislava.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Can't each Nation send up to 3 skaters per discipline to these international events? I don't see why Tuk, Adelina, and Leonova can't all compete here, unless someone else is going instead?

NaVi

Medalist
Are there not deadlines? I think the local federation runs things(and I would definitely allow it) but this is becoming part of a pattern.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here is a link I posted earlier: http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051670.htm

Ignore the incorrect event date on the top of the page :rolleye:. If you click on the links for the ladies, pairs, dance and men they all seem to be updated as of 1 December 2015 so they should (I really hope!) be current.

This looks like an awesome competition. I just hope a link shows up for the live streaming!

So confused about who's going and who's not going.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Just curious it seems like Golden Spin is the most popular Challenger Event this season. Is there a reason why?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just curious it seems like Golden Spin is the most popular Challenger Event this season. Is there a reason why?

Just a guess but for those who miss GPF it's a chance to build momentum going into Nationals. Seems like as good a reason as any to me.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Are there not deadlines? I think the local federation runs things(and I would definitely allow it) but this is becoming part of a pattern.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought these events had entry deadlines. Not only that, I thought they had alternates as well. Is this no longer the case?