TEB is Cancelled | Page 2 | Golden Skate

TEB is Cancelled

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Denis Ten just tweeted they were just told the GP is cancelled.

Interesting, because I have Brooklee Han in my Twitter feed and she only just favourited a tweet that said it was going ahead with a minute's silence.

I really hope it's not cancelled. We must not cower before evil. If the event was safe, then let it go on. Not to mention it opens a massive can of worms regarding the Grand Prix Final. It simply would not be fair to go on results of SP, or to wipe the GP completely.

EDIT:

This from Brooklee four minutes ago:

Today, we not only skate for our own nations, but for all of France! #TEB15 #prayforparis

Sounds like she's making ready to compete - if it is cancelled, clearly no-one has told her.

Last edited:

jax

Rinkside
It's not canceled
Media Advisory

The International Skating Union (ISU) and the French Figure Skating Federation (FFSG) express their deepest sympathy to the victims of the despicable terrorist attacks in Paris on November 13.

In accordance with the French authorities, the ISU and the FFSG have decided to continue with the competition at the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating event Trophee Eric Bompard in Bordeaux. A minute of silence will be held at the beginning of this afternoon’s competition.

Peter Krick Didier Gailhaguet

ISU Sport Manager Figure Skating President FFSG

Contacts:

ISU Media Coordinator:
Selina Vanier, Media Coordinator
+41 21 612 66 66 (phone)
email: [email protected]

Trophee Eric Bompard
Giovanna De Petra, Press Officer
+33 (0) 663479358 (cell phone)
email: [email protected]

Media Accreditations:

To apply for media accreditations to attend an ISU Championships please use the ISU Online Media Accreditaton System. The system is to be used by all media, including writing press, journalists, television/radio non right holders and right holders.

For further information please refer to www.isu.org/en/media/media-accreditation

Attachments available

Contact and follow us

email connect isu youtube facebook

International Skating Union
Avenue Juste-Olivier 17 1006 Lausanne Switzerland
Tel: +41 21 612 66 66 Fax: +41 21 612 66 77

Unsubscribe from this newsletter

LisaM

Medalist
Although I would understand cancelling, I do think it's the fairest for everyone to keep going on with the competition. I hope the skaters skate the best they can to show their support and show some hope and beauty in this world.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
This is a good decision. The ISIS have declared themselves responsible for the attacks and they threaten to continure with the attacks so public gatherings should be avoided because the terrorists will likely become desperate now. Saftey first.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
This is a good decision. The ISIS have declared themselves responsible for the attacks and they threaten to continure with the attacks so public gatherings should be avoided because the terrorists will likely become desperate now. Saftey first.

So let's cancel now all sport events in France for ever, because you never know.

This is bad decision.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
My condoleances to everyone who lost their loved on this terrible day.

What a confusing situation for the TEB results and standings. I wonder how they would proceed under such circumstances.

GF2445

Record Breaker
For everyone who is competing, its quite obvious that the whole grand prix and the points this is sort of irrelevant in comparison to what happened last night.

katia

On the Ice
And the ISU Speaks

French authorities decided to cancel competition at #GPBordeaux #TEB15 today. ISU & FFSG acknowledge the decision.
what's a pity!!. We have to accept their decision, but I do not agree with it.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
So it is not cancelled? Why did Denis Ten tweet that it was cancelled. Maybe misinformation?

ETA: Never Mind just read the above tweet.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Here's a transcript of Didier Gailhaguet's announcement regarding the cancellation of Trophee Eric Bompard...
"Dear, friends. I regret to inform you that due to the day of mourning in France and, most of all, the state of emergency in France, the French government has decided to cancel the Trophy, the fourth stage of the Grand Prix. The French federation and the ISU are completely devastated and extremely disappointed. Even though we had nothing to do with the decision, we feel sorry for the skating family. We’ll all do our utmost to help you. We’ve made proposals to the ISU about how to handle the selection for the Grand Prix Final. I am absolutely sorry for the decision."
https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/665492141783797760

HanDomi

Record Breaker
So, they just let evil win...

What will they do about the GPF? They CANNOT use the SP result. It would not be fair at all.

they must use SP result because there is no other way to do that. This shouldn't have any impact on remaining competitions.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Sounds like the decision was taken out of the skating authorities' hands which is probably as it should be. They are not in any position to know how safe it would be. The governmental authorities on the other hand have intelligence and the ability to monitor extremist 'chatter'.

peg

Medalist
There seems to be some conflicting informatin out there that I hope gets resolved soon. The ISU statement came before information from the town of Bordeaux said it was cancelled. Also, Denis Ten seems to think it was cancelled, but Brooklee Han's tweet which came after Denis's indicates she's getting ready to skate.

ETA: Oh, apparently a new statement has been issued by the ISU. Seems like the local officials were willing to let it go ahead but the French government wasn't. Too bad

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Sounds like the decision was taken out of the skating authorities' hands which is probably as it should be. They are not in any position to know how safe it would be. The governmental authorities on the other hand have intelligence and the ability to monitor extremist 'chatter'.

Yes though something I find humorous in its way is that the ISU only says they acknowledge the decision which IMO is them making clear the only way they can that they don't actually agree with it.