Mikhail Kolyada | Page 214 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Just saw the "I have a bride" Instagram post. Congratulations and best wishes to him and his bride!

On FSU one of the Russian posters mentioned that he vacationed with his fiancée. So I’m wondering if that’s what the Instagram “bride” translation really means - that he’s engaged, not married? In any case, happy for him!

pandatours

On the Ice
On FSU one of the Russian posters mentioned that he vacationed with his fiancée. So I’m wondering if that’s what the Instagram “bride” translation really means - that he’s engaged, not married? In any case, happy for him!

The Instagram auto translate translated it as bride but according to Russian speakers it’s supposed to mean future wife/fiancée. So he’s not married yet. I’m happy to know that during his health problems last season at least his personal life was going well!

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
What surprising and wonderful news that Misha shared today, I’m very happy for his happiness! I totally respect that he kept his relationship private to this point and wants to limit social media, while still being sensitive to his fans. It’s quite mature of him and also endearingly old-fashioned to me (which in full disclosure I empathize with even more because my son, who’s the same age as Misha, limits his own SM — he says he doesn’t like how it’s used to fake the impression of perfect lives, LOL).

I wasn’t familiar with Scorpions or their music before, but when I listened to Winds of Change on YouTube I loved it, and I can see it being a great SP vehicle for Misha! Not only the music, but the lyrics are lovely and moving— I wouldn’t be surprised if they hold some personal meaning for him. (And Tutto, what a fun idea to share some of our ”rejects” :laugh:)

Tatjana Flade appears to be in Saint Petersburg now, so hoping she’ll get an interview with Misha while she’s there! :)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Wow, Mika you left us stunned (and some of us I suspect with broken hearts too :))!!! :luv17::drama::clap::hap10::ghug:

I'd heard the mention of a girlfriend once (isn't it lovely how he manages to keep his personal life so private) but obviously things proceeded to the next level. I wonder if it means that the wedding bells are imminent or just that he proposed (maybe while on holiday) and was accepted but there are no immediate plans to tie the knot yet?
Well while we can speculate on that subject (with pleasure and just a tiny tint of sadness - he is too young!), the other news is no less exciting - totally love the choice of music for SP - it is just so Mika! Already wondering about the costume - I guess a plain shirt with rolled up sleeves will be the best?

Can't wait to hear more from Tatjana

Tatjana

On the Ice
Wow, Mika you left us stunned (and some of us I suspect with broken hearts too :))!!! :luv17::drama::clap::hap10::ghug:

I'd heard the mention of a girlfriend once (isn't it lovely how he manages to keep his personal life so private) but obviously things proceeded to the next level. I wonder if it means that the wedding bells are imminent or just that he proposed (maybe while on holiday) and was accepted but there are no immediate plans to tie the knot yet?
Well while we can speculate on that subject (with pleasure and just a tiny tint of sadness - he is too young!), the other news is no less exciting - totally love the choice of music for SP - it is just so Mika! Already wondering about the costume - I guess a plain shirt with rolled up sleeves will be the best?

Can't wait to hear more from Tatjana

Ha, ha, I'm in St. Petersburg that is correct, but Misha is not. ;-) He came back from his vacation with his fiancée and then right away went to the off-ice training camp in Kislovodsk and will be there until the beginning of June. However, I'm planning to meet him in mid June when I come back to St. Petersburg for a week to catch those skaters who are currently on vacation or training camps. :)
I like the SP music choice, too. It is a good contrast to the long program, the music has been rarely used (I remember hearing it in skating, but I don't remember who it was and I guess it was a while ago). It is also good to have something calmer in the short program (and maybe not something too fun and upbeat as Misha apparently orginally wanted). This song was released in 1990 and it is the "hymn" of the time when the iron curtain came down. Scorpions is a German band in case you don't know and obviously in 1989 the Berlin Wall came down and in 1990 Germany was reunited. The song was actually popular in Russia, too. I'll ask Misha for sure about this choice as I think it is interesting.
The Instagram post sounded very happy and that is great. Everything is easier in life when you are happy. :)

Imov

Medalist
Congratulations Misha on the engagement.
Last season was tough but I know the special lady supports and inspires him a lot.
All the love and happiness for you.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Engaged? Oh, my, I had no idea he was in relationship even! All my favourites are getting married... Very happy for Misha, that at least his private life is going well! Not that I'm suprised the girlfriend said yes, I mean, who wouldn't?!

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Happy dance! :dance3: The Japanese fans are some of the best, i bet he will enjoy it. Also skating with such good skaters on the same rings can help him learn a thing or two.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Mikhail is a great addition to the cast! Lots of first rate talent will be performing
and he will fit right in.

rnois13

On the Ice
Finally! Nathan, Shoma and Boyang last year was a blast. Adding Mikhail this year feels like a dream.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Congratulations! My best wishes to them! I can not help thinking who should be the lucky bride. Also happy he is fine with his health.
I read on FSO that its Khnychenkova

Cant wait for vids from the show:luv17:
Loled at the news about Scorpions:laugh: In my brain this is Lord Samarin's music :laugh: would be inetersting to see it in Misha's interpretation.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I read on FSO that its Khnychenkova

Cant wait for vids from the show:luv17:
Loled at the news about Scorpions:laugh: In my brain this is Lord Samarin's music :laugh: would be inetersting to see it in Misha's interpretation.

Hmm I read that it is not so, that Khnyshenkova is his ex and nobody seem to know who is his fiancee...? Mika certainly knows a thing or two on how to be Mr Mystery!

About the Wind of Change, I asked that in the main thread but got no replies - was it actually used before in FS? I'd like to see it in a program because tbh after my first elated reaction to the news I feel now that it is a bit of 'one note piece' I not trying to take anything away from this truly great song but not sure how it would translate into a figure skating program. Your thoughts?

Also from Tatjana Flade Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByqhrKQIGlT/?igshid=159z948g9nwj3

Can't wait for an interview! :hap85:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
^
Found this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnCsmrkjeXw

Talking to myself - not a good sign :laugh:

Tutto, thanks for finding that! Just so you’re not talking to yourself :laugh:, here’s my opinion. I think Winds of Change, with the right music cuts and choreography, has the potential to be a beautiful, and even iconic, SP for Misha. The music and lyrics are captivating, and there are changes in mood and orchestration that could be highlighted quite effectively and dramatically in the time allotted for a SP. I can’t wait to see it!

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
^
Found this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnCsmrkjeXw

Talking to myself - not a good sign :laugh:

This is generic choreography for ice shows. But it is true, Mika and his choreographer will need some great idea to make this program iconic and not just a generic MOR program. It will be a challenge, for sure. But if someone can make something special that is Mika, so i have hopes.

But i am still not happy with any music he choose for this season. Chaplin as Tramp has been done before and too recently, so i hope he will go for other take and not just do "the tramp". Chaplin has many music pieces, not all have been used to death, so it might get something unique. But yeah.... Scorpions i don't like it for a program for the same reasons you mentioned. He will have to be very clever. The music might help him or the music might be just too iconic to be skated with a MOR choreography. But i loved his Carmen, so it might go well.

Sigh, now i wished i had sent my music list to him, but a lot of you did and it come to nothing, so....:laugh:

Tatjana

On the Ice
Also from Tatjana Flade Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByqhrKQIGlT/?igshid=159z948g9nwj3
Can't wait for an interview! :hap85:

We did the interview and some fun photos, too. :) Now I need to write it up, translate. Unfortunately, the choreographer had the music and so I didn't see anything of Misha's new programs. Misha is excited about going to the show in Japan in July and he'll probably skate his programs there.

Silver Blade

Rinkside
We did the interview and some fun photos, too. :) Now I need to write it up, translate. Unfortunately, the choreographer had the music and so I didn't see anything of Misha's new programs. Misha is excited about going to the show in Japan in July and he'll probably skate his programs there.

Can't wait to read it ☺️☺️