2015 Rostelecom Cup 2015 Gala | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Rostelecom Cup 2015 Gala

Warwick360

Medalist
I thought Ross Miner had come fourth behind Rippon? :scratch2:

Had to check Wiki, thinking Eurosport guy was pulling my leg and rubbing salt on the wound. :palmf:

Edit: How long after was the spin level upgrade since Fernandez finished?

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, since we were rocking out with Polina E, the routines that Eurosport have shown (Tarah & Danny, Ross, and Vik & Nik) have all been beautiful.

But, I am disappointed with how little of the first half was shown. Only 2!

Have to hunt down videos later on!

CaroLiza_fan

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I don't really "get" Adelina's black emo swan :roll9: like, not at all, I'm afraid......

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
LOVED that from Adelina.

Although, I have to admit, I didn't recognise her! And it wasn't just because of the bedraggled look.

Do you think she is making an effort to look different from Zhenya?

CaroLiza_fan

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOVED that from Adelina.

Although, I have to admit, I didn't recognise her! And it wasn't just because of the bedraggled look.

Do you think she is making an effort to look different from Zhenya?

CaroLiza_fan

What are you talking about? This is how she always looked while skating this program.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Peng / Zhang. LOVE them. LOVED the music. LOVED the skating.

BUT, for me anyway, I'm afraid those costumes do not suit them at all.

Hey, at least it is only something minor to complain about!

CaroLiza_fan

Alex D

Record Breaker
In danger of once again making me look like a fool, I wish I would had been that little boy with the flower... He obviously did not yet understand what it means to give Adelina a rose :luv17: and he also got a kiss from her, lucky guy!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Adian, OMG :laugh2: that was...... I'll think about some words for it, but that was definitely something :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Enjoyed Pitkeev's routine more than I expected. The comedy part at the start was brilliant! And I liked the touch he added by wearing a Sochi 2014 hat.

Unfortunately, I missed most of the second half. Or maybe that should be fortunately, considering it started with him stripping! And I don't know who that was singing, but they were awful! :eek:

Ah, Anna and Luca now. I LOVED this routine the last time I saw it!

CaroLiza_fan

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Loved Polina E's gala routine.

But, I was surprised that she played to her American heritage rather than her Russian heritage.

CaroLiza_fan

She has been sitting on this one for awhile. This is the one i saw in person in March or April at some small crappy local event. I was actually hoping it was a preview of her new SP at the time because she looked like she really loved it.

I much prefer this Polina to Gone with the Tikerbell Polina.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank goodness Zhenya's finally got rid of that cringe-worthy Bee Gees routine! (I love the Bee Gees. But I HATED that routine. So Juniorish).

BUT, using the music Nelli and Alex made their own?! That is a big risk.

There was a Pairs couple that did it last year for their SP (?), and it didn't work at all. Zhenya's version was better. But, it still isn't Zhiganshina / Gazsi.

But, at least she is now doing a more grown-up gala routine.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think I said this the last time I saw this routine, but I'll say it again.

Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.

There are no other words for it.

But I my heart was in my mouth when Alex nearly dropped Yuko from height. :eek: You don't want to see that happening. Especially when they are in such good form.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Javier is so much fun :biggrin: I can't wait to see that EX in Barcelona again

I know. He is the born entertainer!

The Barcelona performance will be brilliant! All the audience will be getting into it!

Don't really know what to say, as I've seen the routines from Javi and Kaetlyn & Andrew before, and enjoyed them both times.

I take it they will not dare skip Elena or Ksenia & Fedor...

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach, come on now! I know this routine always goes down well in Russia.

But, getting the same routine out for the third season in a row?! That is pushing it a bit too far!

Impressed that they managed to fit 3 different costumes into their Gala slot, though!

CaroLiza_fan

Alex D

Record Breaker
Нас не догонят :love:

That´s what I always say when I fight with a hater, they will not get us :thumbsup: and take our fun away! I remember when this was dropped as a mash up with Daft Punk during the opening ceremony at Sochi, the whole stadium was singing, what a big moment. I always liked TATU, the instrumental parts of their tracks were really good and I felt the concerts that I saw live, were pretty decent too. Shame they seem to have personal problems, but that happens a lot in our business.

As for the other programs, you know whenever I hear "I will always love you", then I remember what a wonderful vocalist Whitney was before she got all worn down. That voice, just amazing - she could fill a whole venue with just that voice. Elena seems to like the same music like I do and she always puts a lot into these performances, very nice. It will only get better as she gets older.

Evgenia has a new Gala, but as mentioned, that music is always about Alex & Nelli - very brave to pick it and I felt she did good. :) A very versatile skater she is, Russia is just so blessed with talent these days. A decade ago, they had nobody and now so many!

Shame ES didn't show it all, that is disrespectful towards the skaters.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
^ yes, but the hair piece also completes not so wonderful blindness :laugh: seriously, I was terrified for her because that thing kept flying over her eyes. I heard it's already hard to jump from light into darkness. I'm not sure jumping blindfolded is that much easier or safer. And it was also kind of distracting how she kept removing the thing from her face.