GP Predictions Rd 6: NHK Trophy | Page 11 | Golden Skate

GP Predictions Rd 6: NHK Trophy

Alex D

Record Breaker
I want to thank my parents for raising me as a stubborn character, my friends who believed in me and of course god, for making me such a lucky boy, who has no clue who half the men were, yet scored 50 points and a silver.

On a more serious note, I do not think scoring as emotional as I do for Ladies and Dance is good. I am more neutral and realistic with the men, therefore they are my best discipline. Stubborn as I am, I will still believe in Kaetlyn, Anna, Gracie and all the others - no matter how low my scores get.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
ICE DANCE results

It's time for ice dance results.
We had 141 valid ice dance predictions this time.

I'll leave it to WeakAnkles to tell all of us about how predictable Ice Dance is. :biggrin:

Hmpf. You betcha it is predictable (though it does have its own kind of curve balls--ask the Russian IDs about that!). And we should all be thankful --yes, thankful!--when playing the Prediction game that it is. 75 points is nothing to sneeze at!

My hearty congratulations to all our medalists. Remember, for the GPF finals, now that we have definitely run out of precious medals, awards will be as follows: Silk/Cotton/Polyester. :)
:hap57:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
should be sequins/feathers/mesh
Hmpf. You betcha it is predictable (though it does have its own kind of curve balls--ask the Russian IDs about that!). And we should all be thankful --yes, thankful!--when playing the Prediction game that it is. 75 points is nothing to sneeze at!

My hearty congratulations to all our medalists. Remember, for the GPF finals, now that we have definitely run out of precious medals, awards will be as follows: Silk/Cotton/Polyester. :)
:hap57:

desertskates

Medalist
Woot! Two silvers! I'm so happy to pull this off, especially with the implosion that was the ladies event. On the ice, and in my predictions. Thanks so much to the organizers for making this game so much fun!
Looking forward to the finals :hap10:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At least I got my shared bronze in ice dance, so all wasn't lost (and yay to the Shibs for winning their first GP gold in 4 years!)

GPF predictions are going to be even harder although after this event I think the Shibs could win the final as well as Hanyu, given the momentum both have. D/R may squeak out gold in pairs although I think it's gonna be tough with so many strong teams competing. The ladies will be even tougher with 6 gold medalists in the mix although I think it'll be Gracie vs. Evgenia for the top!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Men's scorer here. Almost everyone got the top 2 correct, and almost everyone over-estimated Kovtun. And we have a lot of medalists this round.

Gold: theskatingbutterfly, el henry, matmuh, tulosai, Layback11, icekiwi, urara, nipman, PorcoPlane, and mis751, with 55 points! :hap85:
Silver: Poice, dia, nox1, desertskates, Caustica, fairly4, Marius, HR4, Ekm, DannyCurry, semosk8tfan, Geo1, wishonastar, Eloise, lighthouse, Alex D, skateusa, FlattFan, Hyena, NC89, CaroLiza_Fan, MalAssada, Snow63, skateforever, surimi, canarycry, Wilhelmina, angy555, and Mrs. P, with 50 points! :dance3:
Bronze: rosacotton, MIM, sunnyyouyang, Daniel1998, randomfan, invisiblespiral, sunnystars, BRASILwmr, GF2445, ashleywagner, daphenaxa, FSGMT, Idontsk8, sequinsgalore, daylightescapades, KIG, snowflake, and Puchi, with 45 points! :dance2:
Honorary Mention: Vili67, Marius, magallli, and Alex D for being the only people in the entire game to put Keiji Tanaka in their prediction.

OMG gold in Men :cheer: It almost makes up for the fact that I'm pretty sure I only got 10 for the women... I haven't been able to bring myself to look :rofl:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Not sure what is up with spreadsheet...my points for the competition are showing for NHK as 0, even though I won bronze in Dance this round. I also think I did okay in Pairs as well. Am I confused, or perhaps there are errors in calculations?

Last edited:

dia

Rinkside
Not sure what is up with spreadsheet...my points for the competition are showing for NHK as 0, even though I won bronze in Dance this round. I also think I did okay in Pairs as well. Am I confused, or perhaps there are errors in calculations?

Same here. :scratch2::confused2:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

I will update ice dance scores in the spreadsheet only tomorrow. I'm sorry for the delay.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Pairs are finally scored. :cheer: Many thanks for your patience.:luv17:

No one was able to get a perfect score this week, and James and Cipres messed up everyone's predictions- no one had them outside the top 5.

We do have 2 gold medalists, with a score of 70 points each: eta and nox 1.

I am sorry if this makes anyone feel down, but I am not going to list other medalists individually, because, out of 139 participants, over half made guesses that gave them either 60 or 65 points, and in fact a whopping 47 participants made guesses that yielded 65 points. Congratulations to all these people though, and well done to everyone overall with the predictions! Despite not having any perfect scores, the mean was 58, and the median was 60 :)

Be sure to check your scores and let me know if you see any mistakes. Thanks again for your patience this week.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
lol... i thought i was special with my 65 :) lol

No one was able to get a perfect score this week, and James and Cipres messed up everyone's predictions- no one had them outside the top 5.

I am sorry if this makes anyone feel down, but I am not going to list other medalists individually, because, out of 139 participants, over half made guesses that gave them either 60 or 65 points, and in fact a whopping 47 participants made guesses that yielded 65 points. Congratulations to all these people though, and well done to everyone overall with the predictions! Despite not having any perfect scores, the mean was 58, and the median was 60 :)

Be sure to check your scores and let me know if you see any mistakes. Thanks again for your patience this week.

nox1

On the Ice

Wowwww! First gold medal, thank you:luv17: