2015-16 Skate Korea, December 4-6 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Skate Korea, December 4-6

randomfan

Record Breaker
Jun Hwan was amazing! If he keeps skating like this he will go up the rankings. I think he's eligible for Pyeongchang 2018 so the timing is very good. Also, is he eligible for 4CC this year? Because if he isn't then it will be pretty devastating...:sad21:

Congratulations to Da Bin too! I'm happy that she will be going to 4CC. As for So Youn, she did get a very high technical score despite the two big mistakes. Hopefully, that will give her a big confidence boost. Also Da Bin beat her here, and it would be exciting to see So Youn vs. Da Bin (like Gracie vs. Ashley). Her next competition is most likely Nationals, so I hope she has a good rest!

And we should all give a big thanks to Hailey Shin! Thank you so much for telling us about everything and providing the links!

seabm7

Final Flight
Jun Hwan was amazing! If he keeps skating like this he will go up the rankings. I think he's eligible for Pyeongchang 2018 so the timing is very good. Also, is he eligible for 4CC this year? Because if he isn't then it will be pretty devastating...:sad21:

Well, he becomes eligible for senior competition in the 2018-2019 season, so no Pyeongchang 2018.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Well, he becomes eligible for senior competition in the 2018-2019 season, so no Pyeongchang 2018.

Actually, his age is eligible for PC 2018. :)
He born in October, 2001. So he become eligible for junior at 2015-16 season, and eligible for senior at 17-18 season.

seabm7

Final Flight
He born in October, 2001. So he become eligible for junior at 2015-16 season, and eligible for senior at 17-18 season.

Oops, you're right. I thought the age limit for senior was 16, not 15.

seabm7

Final Flight
In case of Min-ji Ji and Themi Leftheris, even though they are age eligible, they have to

1) Get the minimum TES for 4CC. There is only one pair B competition between now and 4CC, the Polish one. Their scores at Skate Korea were 19 and 39, just at the borderline.

2) KSU should acknowledge this TES. The current rule is that the pair should have obtained the TES before Skate Korea. They need an exemption.

Last edited:

clippers8200

On the Ice

Yes, in his post-competition interview, he said that he's striving to represent Korea at PC. That'd be really exciting to see! What a great opportunity for his first year in senior competition.

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
4cc 2016

Team Korea

Ladies :
Da Bin CHOI
So Youn PARK
Ji Hyun BYUN

Men :

Jin Seo KIM
June Hyoung LEE
Se Jong BYUN

Ice Dances :

Rebeka KIM / Kiril MINOV
Yura MIN / Alex GAMELIN
Ho Jung LEE / Richard Kang In KAM

Pairs :

Min Ji JI / Themi LEFTHERIS (Not GetMinimun TES)

seabm7

Final Flight
4cc 2016

Team Korea

Ladies :
Da Bin CHOI
So Youn PARK
Ji Hyun BYUN

Men :

Jin Seo KIM
June Hyoung LEE
Se Jong BYUN

Ice Dances :

Rebeka KIM / Kiril MINOV
Yura MIN / Alex GAMELIN
Ho Jung LEE / Richard Kang In KAM

Pairs :

Min Ji JI / Themi LEFTHERIS (Not GetMinimun TES)

Where did you get this list? KSU hasn't made any official announcement yet. :scratch2:

Last edited: