2015 NHK Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Free Dance

Oreo

On the Ice
That was pretty awful music. Too bad the judges can't deduct a point for it.

w_darling

On the Ice
I... was not expecting the sudden wailing. Perhaps it sounds better when it's not on a low quality stream with tinny audio?

Bumdid

Record Breaker
This music piece started out promising, became dramatic from some choral background vocals, then completely crapped out when the lyrics came before the music abruptly stopped at the cries of "Yeah! Yeah"

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Did someone fall? I heard the audience gasp on the audio, but my video had stalled!

Chris Reed had a fall.

Colin McManus had a major twizzle error, which counted as a fall (he had two hands down, I think?).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alright, who foisted that drek of a program on Step/Buk? Criminal charges should be filed.

It's like some karmic debt that has to be repaid with these two. They're so talented and they're given such turds of programs to skate to. And they can polish it all they want, but a turd is a turd is a turd.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Stepanova/Bukin are actually my favorite Russian dancers.

I'm certain the judges won't see it that way here or at Russian Nationals.

The second half of the dance spin, where she's in layback... that's beautiful.

jg2000

On the Ice
I remember when TAT said S/B were 2018 gold contenders.... maybe 2022, but not soon.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It will be interesting to see how those twizzles fare on the protocol sheet. They were TIMID.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I didn't really like any of their lifts, they seemed unexciting and didn't cover much ice, first one is okay, impressive enough

caitie

Medalist
Okay, WeakAnkles. Was that some of the ~wretched excess~ you talk about? :)

I think they looked really strong here, though. My biggest criticism would be that the program kind of drags for me in the final 2/3 (the music from the AK movie is just not very good figure skating music IMO -- it's (surprisingly) a bit too understated or something?) and also that their lifts seem to always end at a standstill or with them having slowed way down, which I don't like.