2015 NHK Ladies Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Ladies Short Program

deedee1

Record Breaker
Just for your information, Chafik Besseghier of France will compete in the men's event. So Vannessa and Morgan were not alone to represent France. I hope all French skaters cope with the national tragedy.

Thanks for letting me know, Crossover. :)
Chafik!! He's gonna get huge love from the crowd as well. :yes: Many of J skating fans do remember still his skate-of-his-life Free at Saitama Worlds 2014, which was the best I watched Chafik skate live. :rock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMAPDeLghE

Allez team France!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
GOOOOOOO Diva Wager! Time to kick double time world champion butts and show the world a real lady figure skating. :clapper: :rock:
I agree that Ashley's skating is real "ladies" skating, but I would not agree that Mao's skating is not real ladies skating (if you were implying that which you probably weren't).

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I agree that Ashley's skating is real "ladies" skating, but I would not agree that Mao's skating is not real ladies skating (if you were implying that which you probably weren't).

While I absolutely agree with both of them being "real ladies skaters" (as in they're adult women, not teenage girls), I wonder what the official criteria is. Over 20? That's what I've always thought it was.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist

Enidan couldn't have been referring to Mao. Mao is not a double time world champion. :coffee:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
GOOOOOOO Diva Wager! Time to kick double time world champion butts and show the world a real lady figure skating. :clapper: :rock:

Lady with "real" (very real) average/sub-average skating skills and NO Worlds medals, let alone a Champion.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think Ashely is more of "real lady" + skating, and Mao is real + "lady skating" :biggrin: Which one is more real?

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
There are several medal threats even Kaetlyn Osmond is capable of podiuming. I am curious to see what Mirai does. Will she skate cleanly and not underrotate? will Ashley throw down the gauntlet and beat Mao? Will Leonova find her mojo. Can Pogo do it? I think Mirai deep down knows she has to start doing it - a fluke finish at nationals may not get her on the team to world's.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Enidan couldn't have been referring to Mao. Mao is not a double time world champion. :coffee:
Great as this line-up of ladies/girls is, there are no other World champions at NHK Trophy, so Enidan must have meant Mao (but obviously forgot about one of the times when she became World champion).

Enidan

On the Ice

Mao skating is always like a junior. Diva Wagner is on a completely different level. Michelle Kwan is great example of real ladies figure skating. Yuna Kim take Kwan skating to the next level with triple-triple. Now Diva Wagner take Yuna Kim skating to the next level with two triple-triples. If she skate clean, she should be crown the world champion.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Mao skating is always like a junior. Diva Wagner is on a completely different level. Michelle Kwan is great example of real ladies figure skating. Yuna Kim take Kwan skating to the next level with triple-triple. Now Diva Wagner take Yuna Kim skating to the next level with two triple-triples. If she skate clean, she should be crown the world champion.

Troll bait. :no:

gotoschool

Medalist

Why are you intent on insulting Mao who has won 3 world championships? I won't take your bait and insult Ashley. It's called being decent and respectful.

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
What has the amount of triple-triples in a program to do with whether a skater skates and performs like a lady? If you haven't noticed, most Russian girls who are just recently out of juniors have more than one triple-triple in their programs (Medvedeva, Radionova, Pogorilaya who, by the way, also skates at NHK Trophy). And several junior girls do triple-triples too. Polina Tsurskaya, a first season junior, even does a 3LZ3T2T, and then a one more 3Lz3T. But Mao Asada has a 3 axel. And she has included also triple-triples in her programs during her competitive career. But to me ladies skating is about mature performance and interpretation + higher than junior level, preferably above average skating skills.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
This competition will be exciting for sure! I want Anna skate to her best! Go Anna :cheer:

firal

Record Breaker
Hoping that the ladies keep the good karma going from the men's event which was really brilliant!