2015 NHK Mens Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Mens Short Program

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Change, he will be doing both quads in first half judging by music from video practice opening program with spread eagle-4S-spread eagle

i think music is just playing in the backgroud during news clip but we will see i guess :think:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This is my second most highest anticipated event out of all GP series... i wonder why :dance2:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
the line-up is quite amazing EVEN without Volosozhar/Trankov and Papadakis/Cizeron...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well it looks like I'll be asleep by the time Yuzuru comes on. Which will be good because I'm too nervous to see live results anyways.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The line-up is amazing again...or I've just come to appreciate all the skaters more and more each year.
Go everyone and land you shh...stuff. ;)

We'll have between 14-16 attempted quads in the SP alone.
I'm not sure if the Americans are trying it in the SP?

A record number of guys are going to go for 2 in the SP Kovtun, Menshov, Jin and Yuzu.

I hope Mura has a better showing here than he did at his first GP. Also, will he still be wearing his duster costume for the LP?

So much to look forward to. :dance3:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
The line-up is amazing again...or I've just come to appreciate all the skaters more and more each year.
Go everyone and land you shh...stuff. ;)

We'll have between 14-16 attempted quads in the SP alone.
I'm not sure if the Americans are trying it in the SP?

A record number of guys are going to go for 2 in the SP Kovtun, Menshov, Jin and Yuzu.

I hope Mura has a better showing here than he did at his first GP. Also, will he still be wearing his duster costume for the LP?

from Americans, Richard attempted quad at COC i think, no idea if he will cange his lay out. speaking of him, still no reports? :sad21:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker

OMG I'd forgotten about that costume (or my mind blocked the memory, as a self-protection mechanism)...

Please Mura, don't be wearing that...

Layback11

Record Breaker
Worried that I'm going to miss Brendan :sad21: I might not be home from work by that time.

And definitely missing the LP. :tantrum:

But I'm sure Brendan will be great! :hap93:

We'll keep the Brendan slay count for you. :biggrin:

Layback11

Record Breaker
OMG I'd forgotten about that costume (or my mind blocked the memory, as a self-protection mechanism)...

Please Mura, don't be wearing that...

I SAW IT LIVE AND IT WAS GLOOOORIIUS!!!

GLORIOUS I TELL YOU!!

:hap93:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
We'll keep the Brendan slay count for you. :biggrin:

:party2:

Thankyou! I hope you're ready to count high! ;)

I hope the Japanese crowd likes him. I mean, he kind of has the ingredients for them, doesn't he? Beautiful straight jumps, with quads, nice spins, that super-charming style, the silly kiss-and-cry stuff...I hope they like him!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
any reports on 2 of my fave headcases Richard and Michal? :hopelessness:

Rooting for these two as well! And also Pogo, Leonova, Artemieva, and Nagasu in the ladies....my nerves are gonna be a wreck for this competition. Go go go guys!

Rissa

Record Breaker
That feather vest of Mura's was the best thing about Skate America. And seeing as SA was pretty good overall... :thumbsup:

shyne

Final Flight
No, I have a problem at this point that is called I have an Australian skater who is very talented and jumps very well and trying to find practice reports of him is like pulling freaking teeth on a good day, let alone at NHK when Hanyumania is in full swing. Forgive me for acknowledging that there are ELEVEN OTHER SKATERS at this event.

The truth is, Yuzu and Mao are more than just athletes in Japan. They have mega-star status. TV ratings go up whenever they are on TV. And TV stations/news reporters take full advantage of that. And they have no obligation to cover the rest of the skaters at this event during their practice sessions, and to be honest, none of the skaters at other events had news reports on their practice sessions. We found out from people who attended the practice sessions on how they did (Skate Canada had a livestream). Since the practice sessions are not open to the public at NHK, we are out of luck.
I haven't even seen reports on Mura and Satoko did on their practices.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Wei ‏@pandaatlarge 8m8 minutes ago
Many men skipped one or two jumps or even no jump in run through practice. Brezina looks good too, but half of practice pops 4S into triple.

Wei ‏@pandaatlarge 10m10 minutes ago
Kovtun and Hanyu are both in good shape in today's practice. In run through Kovtun beautifully landed 4S3T, 3A, Hanyu nice 4S, 4T2T and 3A.

dasani

On the Ice
Yeah unfortunately the NHK trophy doesn't have any open practice sessions so we couldn't get any report from fans.

But I also don't recall there were many (if there is in fact any) tv media coverage for Skate America or Skate Canada etc...etc....on the practice sessions and nobody was freaking out :scratch: