USFS list of all qualifiers for 2016 Nats | Page 2 | Golden Skate

USFS list of all qualifiers for 2016 Nats

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Interesting to see in senior ladies

Alexie Mieskoski and Elena Pulkinen

These surnames are Finnish. Maybe they have Finnish background. Pulkinen would be spelled Pulkkinen in Finland but I am sure it originates from Finnish language. Of course, many Finns moved to USA in 1800 century and since then.

Plus Camden Pulkinen will compete among the Junior Men at Nats. And he will compete for the U.S. at the Youth Olympic Games.
The two Pulkinens are siblings, I would assume? Both represent Coyotes SC of Arizona.

(Must say that I am very surprised that Mieskoski is considered a Finnish surname.
Looks/sounds so Slavic to me.)

Last edited:

Violetti

On the Ice
Plus Camden Pulkinen will compete among the Junior Men at Nats. And he will compete for the U.S. at the Youth Olympic Games.
The two Pulkinens are siblings, I would assume? Both represent Coyotes SC of Arizona.

(Must say that I am very surprised that Mieskoski is considered a Finnish surname.
Looks/sounds so Slavic to me.)

Mieskoski is very rare surname in Finland. But the word is Finnish language consisting of two words mies = man and koski = rapids (or white water). Hard to believe it would come from other language even though I know some languages have similar words (different meanings) as Finnish, like Japanese.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It may have to do with personal preference or sponsorship, financial support. Gracie may get it from Wagon Wheel, whereas Carly chose to switch when they moved to California. Some pairs and dance teams represent different clubs also. ...

Is there any reason Carly and Gracie represent different FSCs? I thought they have always trained together.

Quoting skylark's post from earlier in the thread, when the question about the affiliations of the Golds previously came up.

(I believe it is true that the twins always have trained together, but that does not preclude different affiliations. IIRC, another example is that Maia and Alex Shibutani have different affiliations.)

ETA (on Jan 15):
Eeeek ... please forgive my error re the Shibs. They do represent the same club.​

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that I have made out the predictions thread based on the PDF that Golden linked to in the OP, and I am now ready to post it.

So, before I do, can I just ask if anybody knows if there has been any changes to the line-up since the PDF was released.

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just to let you know that I have made out the predictions thread based on the PDF that Golden linked to in the OP, and I am now ready to post it.

So, before I do, can I just ask if anybody knows if there has been any changes to the line-up since the PDF was released. ...

Jordan Moeller has withdrawn. He made the original announcement on Instagram last week.
Today's Inside Edge article has some details: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/12/05/161066480

And today MFarone started a thread with a link to a draft of the Practice Groups listings.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Jordan Moeller has withdrawn. He made the original announcement on Instagram last week.
Today's Inside Edge article has some details: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/12/05/161066480

And today MFarone started a thread with a link to a draft of the Practice Groups listings.

Thank you as always, Golden.

And thank you for posting the link to the PDF in the first place.

I'll move Jordan out of the table now.

Are the Practice Group orders liable to be the same as the starting orders of the SP Warm-Up Groups?

If they are, I won't have time to re-arrange everybody tonight. But I'll probably get a chance tomorrow morning, after I finish the Canadian thread.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I am fairly sure that there is a draw for the start order for the SP for U. S. Nationals. I noticed that the Canadians must use a different method because they already have the start orders posted. Having said that, I'm not sure I'm really answering your question :confused2:

Thank you as always, Golden.

And thank you for posting the link to the PDF in the first place.

I'll move Jordan out of the table now.

Are the Practice Group orders liable to be the same as the starting orders of the SP Warm-Up Groups?

If they are, I won't have time to re-arrange everybody tonight. But I'll probably get a chance tomorrow morning, after I finish the Canadian thread.

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Practice groups are NOT the same as SP start order for US Nationals.

They'll have a draw at some point at which point everyone will get jumbled up.

I remember in 2013, the first group of the SP had Max, Joshua, Jason, and IIRC Ricky in it! Joshua's score led until the very last group!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I just read on FB that Donlan/Bartholomay have withdrawn from U. S. Nationals. This may have been announced on twitter, but I don't follow twitter so I'm not sure if a reason was given.

Her jumps have been really bad this year, but I really liked their SP. Sad to see this.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what happened to Kassandra Carpentier? She won intermediate last year, so I would've expected her to qualify, but she was not even listed as a competitor at regionals or sectionals. Did she compete?

Layback11

Record Breaker
She withdrew from the Challenge Skate. I found this article about her: http://www.telegram.com/article/20150209/NEWS/302099693. It's possible her medical condition made it too difficult for her to skate this year.

That's too bad. I liked her last year. :(
I follow her on Instagram and she posts skating videos a lot (she apparently did a club holiday show), so she's still on the ice. But I was hoping to see her at Nationals.