2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb Pairs | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb Pairs

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
So great to see K/O skate to their fullest potential. Nationals is going to be a thriller with them vs C/T vs D/F.

I know K/O are training the quad sal, but I was hoping they can get a coach to teach Danny the twist. The twist is their weakest point, and it will not get them very far if they can't disguise the landing. That being said, they are improving, so can't wait to see them at Nationals!

CCC

Rinkside
Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN (USA) 171.** Into 2nd
Beautiful Red Dress (Her dresses are always beautiful)
Journey Medley
PB 173.40
Nice 3 Twist
Hand to Hand Lift
3 sal
throw 2 sal
messy 3-2 toe combo
hand to waist lift gorgeous
Hand to hand lift
throw 2 axle two foot with fall
Nice ovation. Good energy for the program. Love their lifts.
My favorite US Pair.

tulosai

Record Breaker
So great to see K/O skate to their fullest potential. Nationals is going to be a thriller with them vs C/T vs D/F.

I know K/O are training the quad sal, but I was hoping they can get a coach to teach Danny the twist. The twist is their weakest point, and it will not get them very far if they can't disguise the landing. That being said, they are improving, so can't wait to see them at Nationals!

Nationals is going to be a nailbiter for sure!

CCC

Rinkside
Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) 183.88 Into 1st
PB 185
Her costume is very distracting
Some lifts not very flattering (especially with wedgie)

CCC

Rinkside
Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV (RUS) 192.** (with Coach Solkove)
Into 1st (as they should be)
Chopin
PB 198.46 (Russia #2 Last Year)
2 Twist (very good)
2 sal
3-2 toe combo with mistake in 1st jump
Hand to Hand Lift
Throw 3 loop (very good)
Combo spin w change of foot
Throw 3 sal with foot down
Hand to waist lift
Well Done. Nice program. I love a Classical Pair program.

CCC

Rinkside
Natalja ZABIJAKO / Alexander ENBERT (RUS) 171.2 (with Coach Solkove)
Into 4th
PB 196.22
Fall in Combo
Throw 2 axle
2 sal
Hand to Hand Lift
Throw 3 sal
Needs more to be an interesting program, very generic. Maybe it's just the music.

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Natalja ZABIJAKO / Alexander ENBERT (RUS) 171.2 (with Coach Solkove)
Into 4th
PB 196.22
Fall in Combo
Throw 2 axle
2 sal
Hand to Hand Lift
Throw 3 sal
Needs more to be an interesting program, very generic. Maybe it's just the music.

I thought this program was a bit boring the last time I saw it (which I think was the only time).

tulosai

Record Breaker
I thought this program was a bit boring the last time I saw it (which I think was the only time).

I liked it the one time I saw it when it was clean, but the other times I've been unimpressed. I think it is the kind of program that really demands that it be totally clean in order to prevent you from losing interest.

humbaba

Final Flight

K/O actually won the free skate. Congrats to them for pulling up from sixth to third overall.

I agree they should concentrate on improving the twist.

Layback11

Record Breaker
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to K/O for winning the FS! They've been looking really strong this season-I think they're probably the front runners for the second worlds spot if D/F aren't back in pre-injury shape. Really encouraging to see the American pairs doing so well! :cheer:

Except F/S, not sure what happened there. :shrug:

sses1

On the Ice
RE T/M: Why can't Evgenia land her throws properly? Is she injured or something?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm surprised by the result :eeking: and sure that the pair at the U.S Nationals would be a thrilling event.

MIM

Medalist

Oh!! They are the high-five team! Glad to see them do much better here than at the COR. Congratulation for the clean program and the win at the FP!
It is a very pleasant performance with nice interpretation and the chemistry between them! They look like ice dancers to me:luv17:. I look forward to seeing them at the Nationals, too!

Last edited:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I was very impressed with T/M in the short (one of the top scores this season) and was hoping they were back to their best but the errors returned in the free. No combo and a shaky landing on the 3ThS, I'm not sure if this long is working for them. I would have them as a clear fourth in Russia this year, well behind the top 3 but clear of teams behind them. It's going to be very difficult for them to make the team Euros or Worlds.

Good to see that A/R are coming back into good form. They had a great skate at Nebelhorn but hard a poor Grand Prix series and now seem to be returning to form. I like the idea behind the free and they pull it off very well, it will be interesting to see how they do in Russian nationals. I don't ever remember K/O before this season but what I have seem of them this season I really like, they have a nice chemistry and style on the ice, I would have them as my favourite US couple, hopefully they can make the team for worlds.

I was a bit underwhelmed with Z/E in the COR but they were slightly better here but I still think the music in both programmes is to big for them. From looking at the protocols it was disappointing for the Italians, particularly after their great skate in the Warsaw cup where they got a SB and beat S/M on TES, maybe it was to soon to be competing again. I think they could challenge M/H in Italian nationals they really have improved this season.