2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb Men | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb Men

HanDomi

Record Breaker
The music is strange. I don't know about his choices this year. I liked his programs last year, but this time I don't know :scratch3:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

This program feels disjointed, with long set up for jumps, especially the first 1/4 of the program, and while the step sequences are very good, they feel like elements in a choreography of elements. I guess I may say there is a lack of transitions to hold it all together. It surprises me from a skater of his calibre and pedigree. The PCS won't challenge Chan, Hanyu and Fernandez.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
This program feels disjointed, with long set up for jumps, especially the first 1/4 of the program, and while the step sequences are very good, they feel like elements in a choreography of elements. I guess I may say there is a lack of transitions to hold it all together. It surprises me from a skater of his calibre and pedigree. The PCS won't challenge Chan, Hanyu and Fernandez.

Well, agree, there is too much lacking in transitions for skater like Denis. Of course he is not telegraphing his jumps like Voronov, but he throws away program completely when he goes for jumps. I guess for now he is trying to land those jumps, hopefully he will add some content there later in season

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Has anyone seen Kevin Aymoz? How is it posiible to have two 1Lz downgraded? :confused:

karlowens2

On the Ice
I admire Ten for choosing music that is not easy. I'm a classical musician and know this contemporary stuff can be a stretch for judges/audience. For me it was fresh change from the usual things. My criticism would be that the choreo at points seemed unrelated to what I was hearing. Maybe rework the cuts to give it a more conventional dramatic shape. It#s unbelievable that technically its at the point where two quands and two 3As in a program don't make it stand out. Figure skating looking a little too much like half-pipe or a Chinese circus - tricks, tricks, tricks.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
How did Adam skate? Is anyone doing reports from this event?

His video is up above. Pretty good for a B event but he is nowhere near top tier. Unsuccessful 4Lz (UR, 2 footed and fell), slowed down for artistic expression and some flawed jumps. Over all he was quite clean with some flair.

Adian has some small problems as well but I like his style - good carriage, quite elegant and refined for his age. He doesn't rush but finishes each move with detail. Me likey.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I don't know if this been discussed or not but, isn't there a Combo that Adam could throw into his program that would get him as many points as a quad lutz. I'm starting to think it's not worth the risk.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adam's 4 Lz is detracting from his wonderful LP.

I'm confused; didn't Adam finish ahead of Adian in this comp? Adam's LP is unfortunately geoblocked for me :sad21: but from my experience watching Adam's LPs and Adian's LPs this season, I find Adam's expression and performance skills far more advanced than Adian's. Adam's placement in this comp would lead me to believe the judges agreed. ETA: I have not seen protocols, and don't know Adam's scores on the elements).

I will say, all of the "new" Russian skaters have better carriage and performance skills than their elder compatriots, but not better than Adam. Can't wait to see how all the US men do at nats!:cheer:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Is it impossible for anyone here to compliment a Russian male skater without bashing the older ones? Especially when they weren't even here? It's getting tedious.

MIM

Medalist
I admire Ten for choosing music that is not easy. I'm a classical musician and know this contemporary stuff can be a stretch for judges/audience. For me it was fresh change from the usual things. My criticism would be that the choreo at points seemed unrelated to what I was hearing. Maybe rework the cuts to give it a more conventional dramatic shape. It#s unbelievable that technically its at the point where two quands and two 3As in a program don't make it stand out. Figure skating looking a little too much like half-pipe or a Chinese circus - tricks, tricks, tricks.

I agree.

Yes, the program is disjointed, and there is more room to improve program-wise on his LP.
Again, here is the link to his performance at the NRW with a better angle; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ijJbp9jPdY

First time I saw the LP at the NRW, the program looked still in the making. And the impression hasn't changed much. But I am happy that he skates almost clean. That is a big improvement. The LP music and theme is even grander, so he and his team may need more time to work with. I will wait until it is done.:) His SP is much better shape than the LP.

As I pointed out at the NRW/Fan thread, there are some brilliant choreographic moments.
I love the vigorous flow from a 3Lz to a 3R to a 2A to a creative entry(twizzle) to a camel-sit combination spin. Final stsq to the climax "santo, santo, sato,,," is breathtakingly good! But, I am not sure the flying sit spin fits in the music. The entry to the 4T(fell and not able to add a 3T) and the first 3A is too bare. Once it is done, however, I assure it will be full of surprises. I am ecstatic for the two new programs.

Last edited: