2015 NHK Gala | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Gala

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I completely forgot to tune in to the NHK stream after Eurosport cut to wrestling (yikes, what a change from figure skating). Only watched again when Yuzuru just walked out of the arena. Sure hope the video of the end of the gala shows up somewhere!

Esopian

Final Flight
Aww, Yuzuru playing with all the real stuffed animals on ice/Domo-kun & friends was the cutest thing ever!! He even did his signature 'lunge' pose with one of them and another stuffed animal character showed off their hydroblading! :2thumbs::luv17:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I completely forgot to tune in to the NHK stream after Eurosport cut to wrestling (yikes, what a change from figure skating). Only watched again when Yuzuru just walked out of the arena. Sure hope the video of the end of the gala shows up somewhere!

Wrestling?!

We've got the Ladies FS!!! :biggrin:

I tried to switch over during the ads, but the NHK stream was way behind and then froze. So, I went back to Eurosport and waited for the Ladies.

CaroLiza_fan

Trewyn

Medalist
Strange Ashley wasn't invited? She had a bad competition but still got 4th and qualified for the final?

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Strange Ashley wasn't invited? She had a bad competition but still got 4th and qualified for the final?

Maybe she is not very popular, I know that Grace gets invited to The Ice, can´t remember if Ashley has done shows in Japan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Chris Howarth showing his age:

"Draft Punk"

:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Off topic, but I just wanted to say a massive thank you to Jombi for "liking" the comment I have linked to.

That "like" is the 200[SUP]th[/SUP] that I have received since the thumbs feature was installed!!! :cheer: :rock: :party2:

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. Don't worry, I'm not going to do a post like this after every 50 "Likes". After the next one for my 250[SUP]th[/SUP] "Like", they will come less often.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Maybe she is not very popular, I know that Grace gets invited to The Ice, can´t remember if Ashley has done shows in Japan

The Japanese fed obviously likes Ashley a lot.
At JSF's invitation, she has competed at NHK five times. And at the Japan Open at least twice, IIRC (maybe more?).

She has competed at WTT three times as well. I have not checked her bio, but I imagine that she has competed in Japan on other occasions too.
The point is that she is well-known to Japanese fans.

She was invited to The Ice tour at least once.
(The year that sticks in my mind, she was announced early on as a cast member, but she ended up having to withdraw.)

All of that said, if the reason for Ashley's absence from the gala this year is that the LOC did not invite her, I don't have a huge objection to that decision. Glad that Mirai and Kaetlyn had a chance to perform in the gala.

apple123

On the Ice
Dude, get that ball off the ice!

He's away looking for it, and can't find it!!! :laugh:

Big cheer during highlights. I take it that means he must have found it!

CaroLiza_fan

One of them accidentally bounced back onto the ice. :biggrin:

Lol, you guys got it wrong. One of the balls slipped, but Boyang picked it up immediately. Later he threw both balls into the audience, and none of them bounced back. After he finished his number, he wasn't looking for sth. He forgot where to get off the ice and went to the wrong door. The audience burst into laughter. He's so cute.

Jombi

On the Ice
Off topic, but I just wanted to say a massive thank you to Jombi for "liking" the comment I have linked to.

That "like" is the 200[SUP]th[/SUP] that I have received since the thumbs feature was installed!!! :cheer: :rock: :party2:

:thank:
Ahah! You're welcome! And here it goes another "like" for your collection! :rock:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe Ashley skipped the gala to go home to start training for the final? She posted something on Instagram about not giving up and looking to improve during the GPF.

I watched a few of the performances on YT. I thought Mirai was stellar - she's starting to look more sexy, mature and confident (look out Ashley!) Courtney's EX was fun - I'd like to see her do something more fun for her programs. Although I know she wasn't even born when "Groove is in the heart" was a hit (and makes me feel old!).

Loved the Shibs' "Clair de Lune" - they floated across the ice. I see the same in Maia that I do in Mirai, both are looking like women on the ice.

slider11

Medalist
Interesting that it is just not the top 3 in each discipline that are in the gala. How are the skaters determined? Local organizers decide who the crowd would most enjoy?