2015-16 Grand Prix Final Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Short Dance

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Love masquerade waltz and Ekaterina ofcourse looking lovely as ever. :)

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hi everyone I am new to ice dance and I would like to ask for the meaning of the abbreviations and some elements:

I know there is a 'step' required every season and this season it is the Ravensberger Waltz, so the abbreviation is RW, but what do the numbers before and after it mean?(e.g. 1RW4)And also what are the key points (kp) that skaters have to do?

1RW4 means that in the first segment they got a level 4

caitie

Medalist
I thought they looked a lot better at NHK? This seemed a bit tight, a bit messy, not as neat and powerful.

andromache

Record Breaker
I was getting major Madison Chock vibes from Bobrova in this performance. Not a bad thing. She just seemed especially expressive in her face.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I don't care - this year I am officially corrupted by Bobrova/Soloviev...

They have THAT presence, skate so close together and now I fully understand the drama and a flare of their expression.

Really strong and expressive.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
LOL the B.ESP commentators are mocking Patrick Chan

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
There was another dance couple that did the Masquerade Waltz about 10(?) years ago? The lady wasn't into it and the man kept forcing her to play along (the characters, not the dancers). Does anybody remember that? They were in 19th century costumes.

Laurelise

On the Ice
Yay Bobrova and Soloviev! I love that dance. It's so dramatic and they're so into it (especially her)!

Plus, when Bobrova smiles the whole world smiles. :)

Ekm

On the Ice
Nice skate by B/S! So glad they were able to come back this season, and in good form to boot!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hmm, I found her smile a bit Holy Cognitive Dissonance Batman, but on the whole, quite powerful and strongly skated.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I adore this B/S program, starting with the music and growing from there. Just a really classic and classy way to go IMO.

I've never been their fan before, but Ekaterina sells it for me, and her dress is heaven!

There's a little touch I love, when she twirls him in a turn, and the expression on her face is so fun. :)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I don't care - this year I am officially corrupted by Bobrova/Soloviev...

They have THAT presence, skate so close together and now I fully understand the drama and a flare of their expression.

Really strong and expressive.

My dad sat with me and watched a dance competition for the first time earlier this year and LOVED this SD. He was kind of blase about the competition until they came on, and then it was much easier to get him to watch the next couples :biggrin: