2015-16 Grand Prix Final Ladies Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Ladies Free Skate

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Medvedeva and Radionova should be #1 and #2. Asada can still win with a clean program but for some reason I have my doubts. I have given up with regards to both Americans.

Miyahara is able to be consistent so if it becomes a disasterous skate, she can collect the spoils but I don't think that she can beat either Medvedeva or Radionova if they skate well. Whether she places third has a lot to do with how badly Gold and Asada mess up. Wagner can still climb with a clean long program but she will also require some help from others to place on the podium. Her TES can't bridge the gap otherwise.

Ooh Junior ladies' victory ceremony! I was wondering what to do while waiting but I don't mind watching this.

Last edited:

ozmodiar

On the Ice
Ashley is 6.5 points behind fifth place Gracie. She's not likely to move up.

Gracie still has a shot at making the podium. The pattern with her is often that she botches the short, then has a good but not totally clean long. She only has to gain 3 points on the ladies ahead of her for silver or bronze. Iffy but possible.

desertskates

Medalist
I'm thinking that all but Medvedeva will have a mistake here and there and the placements will not change much. What I love to see is a lights out Mao. I'm really pulling for Gracie to move up, and I don't feel that Ashley will move up from 6th, but I'd like to see her go clean to build confidence.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
myself Won't be able to watch live b/c of the concert but good luck everyone & my podium picks Mao, Lenok & Zhenia :yahoo:

Nooo!! You can't miss this! I thought we were in this together. :sad21: That better be an awesome concert! :devil:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
My predictions:

Ashley will skate well with maximally 2 URs and will move to fourth at least. Gracie will have a solid skate, with some twofoots and stepouts but no falls. Satoko will receive UR calls amd fall once, not moving up. Mao will be betrayed by her Flips and Luzt again and won't finish on podium. Elena will have troubles with her combinations again, should finish on podium easily. Zhenya will have some 2A hiccup again, but will receive a record breaking score, at least almost.

matcha

Medalist
Predictions:

Gracie skates perfectly and the judges get so excited that they give her 146.

Mao gets straight +3s on her 3a, under rotates everything else, and still wins.

The entire audience sings along to "My Heart Will Go On" during Lena's FS. She skates perfectly, and the video goes viral.

Someone on the tech panel gives Evgenia an edge call because he is so annoyed with her 'tanos. British Eurosport sues the ISU and insists they make the tech caller resign. He doesn't.

Disclaimer: 88% chance none of this will actually happen.

Please, skating gods 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

andromache

Record Breaker
Going to watch ladies and skip the men because I have a paper to revise that's due at 5pm. :agree:

Good luck to all the ladies! I hope everyone who made mistakes yesterday skates their hearts out today to show why they are among the best in the world, and Evgenia has another fabulous performance!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Going to watch ladies and skip the men because I have a paper to revise that's due at 5pm. :agree:

Good luck to all the ladies! I hope everyone who made mistakes yesterday skates their hearts out today to show why they are among the best in the world, and Evgenia has another fabulous performance!

Good luck on your paper! That was me last weekend: having to revise a huge paper.

paperhearts

Final Flight
This field is really hard for me... It's 2AM already but I love all the ladies so I can't go to bed fully satisfied until Evgenia ends. <///3 I'm :bed: as soon as this turns into a splatfest though. I don't think I can bear to watch that.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Anyone knows whether Eurosport 1 is live or not? Because during dance it was slower by about 3 teams.

British eurosport is scheduled to air live, and according to the schedule of the isu they should be live from the beginning to the end

eta

Medalist
British eurosport is scheduled to air live, and according to the schedule of the isu they should be live from the beginning to the end

Yay thanks!

(I used to google BESP schedules but after quite a few inconsistencies I stopped using those...)