New Forum Look | Golden Skate

New Forum Look

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Just when I learn to use this forum, it changes.... :laugh: Oh well, viva la change........blue is my fav color, though..... :D 42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I thought I was in the wrong skating forum. I registered awhile back in a forum similar to this format, thought I was there. This is weird. Can't say that I am crazy about it..... :eek:

Labogh

Rinkside
This new forum looks nice, though it might take a while to get used to this new look. Blue fits well here. ;)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought I was at another forum too, but it looks good. Of course, it helps that blue is my favorite color. :laugh:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
It does look good, but will take some getting used to. Then again I'm one of these people who is unnerved by change. Took me 4 years before I stopped kvetching about the abolition of compolsury figures, after all.... :D

Longhornliz

Final Flight
oh my gosh i was having serious withdrawl symptoms all day yesterday because I couldnt log onto the forum. props to whomever updated it!!! i really like how the reply to thread interface is simpler and looks like a word document ( i never figured out vbcode)

Yay new goldenskate!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Paula's done such a great job with this board over the last couple(?) years...

the board's look may have changed, but the spirit remains the same! :)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Great job as usual Paula. Also thanks to all of the mods. You guys all work so hard to give us a place to play. I have to admit that I really loved the picture at the top of the first GS that looked like Victorian skaters. This blue is very cool and soothing a perfect pklace to escape for the hot summer months. LOVE the color smilies! :love:

Piel

Lucy25

Final Flight
It will take a little getting used to, but I think it looks great! Very professional, yet homey. :)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New Board

I have been so busy at work I haven't had a chance since yesterday to visit. I thought I hit the wrong link. I'm just glad Golden Skate is still here!! :love: :love:

Dee

Antilles

Medalist
Very nice. It will take some adjusting though. The font is much bigger; it seems to be screaming. I'm sure after a week my eyes will be thankful for it though. great job!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Piel said:
Great job as usual Paula. Also thanks to all of the mods. You guys all work so hard to give us a place to play. I have to admit that I really loved the picture at the top of the first GS that looked like Victorian skaters.
........I agree........42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
"I am still not amused" to loosely borrow the Queen's famous words. I suppose one will get used to the new look, but personally I liked the other format better. Oh well, I still miss the figures discipline of skating and will miss the 6.0 judging system. Since, figure skating is going through so many changes, I guess Golden Skate might as well keep up! Here's to progress!

PS - I liked the Golden colour of Golden Skate. This Mauve/Blue hue is too harsh on the eyes, plus the former GS lay out was easy - this reminds too much of work.

:rolleye:

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The board is changing before my eyes! :eek: A second ago it was blue, now it's gray! :laugh: I like the new look in whatever color! :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Okay now, this is more like it. Feels like home now, thanks Paula.... :) 42