2015-16 JGPF Free Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Free Dance

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Lorraine and Quinn are smiling :) along with the other medalists in this fun post-FD photo:

Congratulations to all. (Esp. L and Q, of whom I am a fan.)

Haven't Lorraine and Quinn said repeatedly that they are not going to move up to Seniors until they are too old for Juniors?

How many times do they have to say it before people believe them?

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Haven't Lorraine and Quinn said repeatedly that they are not going to move up to Seniors until they are too old for Juniors?

I believe them. I still really want to see what they do in Seniors.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lorraine and Quinn are smiling :) along with the other in medalists in this fun post-FD photo:

Congratulations to all.

One the one hand, they are getting old for the junior circuit as they only have one year left of being allowed in the junior circuit after this season. On the other hand though, it could be wise because the US field is already so deep.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I believe them. I still really want to see what they do in Seniors.

I also believe them but I think it's silly. There is nothing left for them to win on the Junior level, and if they delay another year, they eliminate their chance to gain momentum in hope of making the Olympic team in 2018. Granted 2022 is probably their 'serious' goal in terms of placing well at the Olys, but making the 2018 team could be doable IMO if they'd move up next year and have some solid results.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also believe them but I think it's silly. There is nothing left for them to win on the Junior level, and if they delay another year, they eliminate their chance to gain momentum in hope of making the Olympic team in 2018. Granted 2022 is probably their 'serious' goal in terms of placing well at the Olys, but making the 2018 team could be doable IMO if they'd move up next year and have some solid results.

I agree. And I think it's somewhat possible.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I also believe them but I think it's silly. There is nothing left for them to win on the Junior level, and if they delay another year, they eliminate their chance to gain momentum in hope of making the Olympic team in 2018. ...

Wasn't 2014 the first year that Polina Edmunds competed as a senior at U.S. Nats?

And I seem to recall ;) that she went to Sochi a few short weeks later.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wasn't 2014 the first year that Polina Edmunds competed as a senior at U.S. Nats?

And I seem to recall ;) that she went to Sochi a few short weeks later.

It could happen, sure, but the dance field in the USA is a lot stronger than the ladies field. We have three teams that are capable of medaling at A events internationally and that are all at the Senior GPF this year, we have H/B who can't be totally discounted, we have Parsons/Parsons who may have made their move up to seniors by then too and who can't be absolutely assumed to continue to lag behind M/C. And the true key difference from the ladies is that these teams aren't generally prone to making huge mistakes and having meltdowns- they are relatively consistent. In my (as always humble) opinion, M/C give themselves their best chance by moving up next year, and showing at the very least that they are a cut above H/B. YMMV of course ;)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
omg lovely to come back & see Alla ending up on the 2nd!
wonderful Bday present !:points: