2015-16 JGPF Men Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Men Free Skate

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Live report: that was really... lackluster. Senior Men SP gave impression of good skating despite the mistakes but the really bad pops and falks sank the juniors. On the positive note, all those points lost here are bound to come back at other competitions, right? Right.

Can you see who the announcer is? Sorry about asking that?

mrrice

Record Breaker
I have a question. Do costume designer's have a problem working with skaters from other counties?? I can't stand Nathan's LP Costume.....It looks like his Mom made it. Who designed Yagudin's Costumes? He always looked so good. He skates with Ashley Wagner and Adam Rippon who are of the best dressed skaters in the world.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
After this junior GP final, my conclusion is that adults (trainers, parents) push juniors too much. They expect them to do what most adult skaters can't. I think it is more dangerous than beneficial. This kids could get hurt on the spot or on the long run, both physically and psychologically. There is not necessarily confidence what you gain from competitions like this one.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After this junior GP final, my conclusion is that adults (trainers, parents) push juniors too much. They expect them to do what most adult skaters can't. I think it is more dangerous than beneficial. This kids could get hurt on the spot or on the long run, both physically and psychologically. There is not necessarily confidence what you gain from competitions like this one.

Or maybe its not so much that they are pushing them but the direction in which they are pushing them in.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Or maybe its not so much that they are pushing them but the direction in which they are pushing them in.

100% Correct! It's not the push. It's the Direction and Trajectory that I believe needs adjusting. When I watch an event like this it always worries me that these skaters' careers will end due to injury before they ever get to the Senior level.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
This competition was really an anomaly. All these guys have done better & it's not just about the content. I do hope this will serve as proof that the people who are so dismissive of older skaters need to open their eyes. Just because there are always new young hot talents coming up does not mean they are going to be consistent & start beating the "old men" left & right. There is room for everyone who wants to compete, many don't find consistency until their mid-20s (if even then). "The future" in men's skating is simply impossible to predict.

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Can you see who the announcer is? Sorry about asking that?

During one of the breaks during Juniors he talked quite a bit and was shown on the screens, but I didn't recognize him or catch his name, I'm terrible at duch things. :( But let me tell you, he's worth his weight in gold. Twice over, he's amazing. :laugh: