2015-16 JGPF Pairs Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Pairs Short Program

Laurelise

On the Ice
:rofl: This is my feeling too... it can be scary, and unfortunately more often than not, if you start liking a pair, they end up splitting up because the girl grows too big for the guy, since most of the junior pairs girls are around 12 and most of the guys are around 18. But I'll give it a go...

We'll it's the final, so the really scary ones shouldn't have made it this far.

Of the first two pairs, I thought the Czechs were way better (...and the judges agree!). I particularly enjoyed the footwork at the end, and it looked like they did, too. And since they're not too far apart in age, maybe they'll survive (maybe).

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Loved that performance, so nice for them they got a seasons best. Liked the dress until the K&C, why would you put fringe on one side of your chest?

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I don't know the plans of the Czech Fed for Anna and Martin, but they certainly are perfect for pair skating, everything about their lines and skating works well together. I just hope they want to keep them together, and maybe focus less on single skating, especially Anna. It's not like any of them have a chance as single skater, but if they improve well in the coming years, I could see them even fighting for an European podium.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I definitely did not like that as much as Anna and Martin. Very nice and effortless lift though.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
That wasn't the best performance for Anastasia and Alexei. His face in the end said it all.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't know the plans of the Czech Fed for Anna and Martin, but they certainly are perfect for pair skating, everything about their lines and skating works well together. I just hope they want to keep them together, and maybe focus less on single skating, especially Anna. It's not like any of them have a chance as single skater, but if they improve well in the coming years, I could see them even fighting for an European podium.

I do think it's been Anna's choice to continue in singles as well as pairs. I do imagine that within the next year she'll probably have to make a choice if she really wants to excel.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Czechs still first :) And to me it also seemed that Gubanova doubled her jump.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Someone already said this, but again, the skaters are not 'doubling' their jumps as if they had intended a triple. In juniors the SP SBS jump must be a double. The doubles are all intentional and in fact if you were to do a triple you'd get no credit.

NaVi

Medalist

I think only double jumps are allowed in the junior SP.

The Ukrainian girl struggled on her jump in the warmup... and I watched a recent interal competition of their and she was struggling a bit there too... rooting for them but not too hopeful tbh.

nadster

Final Flight

Triples jumps are not allowed in the SP for junior pairs.

Anyway I think that the Czechs should have a bigger lead. The placements so far are right although I think Anastasia GUBANOVA / Alexei SINTSOV were overscored.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I do think it's been Anna's choice to continue in singles as well as pairs. I do imagine that within the next year she'll probably have to make a choice if she really wants to excel.

Well, even if she becomes the best czech girl, there's nothing she can do in the world rankings. I think it would be highly advisable for her to choose pair skating, not that I wouldn't want her to succeed as a single, and not that she isn't still young. Maybe their participation in the GPF might make up her mind.

Laurelise

On the Ice
I liked Gubanova/Sintsov's program at the beginning, but it seemed to lose coherence (for lack of a better word) as it went on. Though the camera work did not help.

Second warmup group is on the ice. Oganesian/Bardei's outfits are :shocked:. What music calls for this? Could any music possibly call for this?

And why, pray tell, have we cut to a camera angle that shows us ant-sized skaters?

Reynnou

On the Ice
I think only double jumps are allowed in the junior SP.

The Ukrainian girl struggled on her jump in the warmup... and I watched a recent interal competition of their and she was struggling a bit there too... rooting for them but not too hopeful tbh.

Same, during the Ukrainian Youth Championship she struggled on all her jumps, maybe she's injured? Wish them the best though.