2015-16 JGPF Pairs Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Pairs Free Skate

Bumdid

Record Breaker
You guys have converted me to the Ana&Martin train (well, mostly Ana) :dance:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I guess Amina/Ilia expected more, but they are wonderful pair. Great performance regardless the score!
they ARE great
Lines & unison!:bow:

You guys have converted me to the Ana&Martin train (well, mostly Ana) :dance:
hehe welcome to da club!

Last edited:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Oh my gosh, Anna and Martin will get Silver!!! I am so happy for them :cheer:

Dimitri just botched his landing. How far are the Chechs behind? Is there a chance for gold?

Edit: ~4.5 points. No room for another mistake.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT (RUS)

Music: Lawrence of Arabia (soundtrack) by Maurice Jarre

Grey/white/black costumes, silver sparkle

3Tw
2A - he hand down
3LoTh
BoDs
2T+2T
5RLi
3STh
ChSq
PCoSp3p
3Li
FCoSp3p - unison on/off

One mistake, otherwise strong skate. Good flow. She looks very happy

FS: 55.33+56.24 = 111.57 (PB), 171.86 (PB), 1/6

Last edited:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Not perfect, but should be enough for the Russians. D/B should beef up their presentation.

tulosai

Record Breaker
B/S reminds me a bit of Tarasova/Morozov

I think they are quite a lot like them but they seem to have a more interesting vision for their programs, at least at the moment. Of course T/M have a technical advantage right now though.

adelia

Record Breaker
I think they are quite a lot like them but they seem to have a more interesting vision for their programs, at least at the moment. Of course T/M have a technical advantage right now though.
The junior pair is also a little more expressive.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I am soooo happy for Duskova/Bidar medaling! Well done guys. The first two pairs K&C reaction were really nice to see! I want to see more skaters happy like this.

Tarakanova/Spiridonov probably expected more from this competition. I expected them to win actually. They were the most interesting team for me. But clearly this wasn't their days but other two pairs. I believe they have a great future ahead. So I'll keep rooting for them in the upcoming events.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT RUS 171.86 1 1 video
2 Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR CZE 162.33 3 2 video
3 Amina ATAKHANOVA / Ilia SPIRIDONOV RUS 162.00 2 3 video
4 Anastasia GUBANOVA / Alexei SINTSOV RUS 157.09 4 4 video
5 Renata OGANESIAN / Mark BARDEI UKR 149.87 5 6 video
6 Anastasia POLUIANOVA / Stepan KOROTKOV RUS 145.27 6 5 video

Alex D

Record Breaker
That was a very entertaining event.

Anna and Martin, just great! They connect, it makes click when you see them skate, they have a very special expression, you just like watching them and I can assure you, this is also to be found off ice and he is a great guy too, very friendly and not so "I kill you if you look at me again", like some of the other men in pair skating.

For me, there are things you can not get by strong TES or good skating skills and this is the sympathy by crowds, with your natural appearance and huge smiles. They came back strong after NRW and have crowned a great first half of the season with a silver medal. Nicely balanced pair and a joy to watch, with lots of room to improve, especially the DS - but said element was a little bit on the weaker side for most pairs today. The Czech, were the only pair with a triple throw Lutz - this is impressive and they had the highest TES base value of all. It is great that such a pair is not from Russia and yet able to compete with them, surely not yet in PC´s - but by their pure will and dedication for this sport and strong technical abilities, that as said, are not yet at their limit.

They can be very proud and the medal will surely give them a nice push for the next events and again, they skate for the heart which is in my opinion, something that should be noted and such pairs or skaters in general, are very good for the sport.

Ekaterina & Dmitry

I felt their win was well deserved, as they had the best skating abilities of all pairs and besides that a good technical quality in their elements. Their program was well balanced with a tricky lift at the end and always going with the flow of the music. Her dress was absolutely gorgeous and the throw loop, excellent in height and wide, so was the Sal. This is as far I can tell, the best quality this season in junior pairs (based on execution). When you watch their programs you just see a good skate, that is well performed with good execution of their elements. Just the side by side jumps are a bit weak, compared to others, as for instance Anna and Martin add a double Axel before the two double toe´s, but as with all Russian couples, they are lovely aligned and in sync - its just great pairs skating if you ask me.

Anastasia & Alexei

I was a bit sad, that they did not medal today. For me, they have a great program with a lot of details in their elements. For me, their program is the most challenging in choreography, they perform at any time, right after the hard elements, but also before and even while doing them, as you can see at their reverse lasso, where she is actually in motion and not stiff, waving with her arm, imitating the phrase of the music, which makes it even harder for the man to hold balance and they exit the element with her holding her blade, details Ladies in Gentleman :thumbsup: Alex likes these things :love:

In general, they really touched me with that performance, it has many dance elements and I like that, more pairs should do that. I feel they have a nice balance as a pair, despite the age difference. Both have great hands and arms, look at the part after their pair spin, I love these fingers straightened out! Or the exit of their pair spin, look at what Anastasia is doing, it is brilliant!

It looks nice and they have many of these smaller details, for their elements and you can absolutely see and understand that choreography and MJ. As a choreographer I would have interpreted the vocal chops more at the end, but I am not sure if this is fine by the rulebook if you put your hands out whenever MJ does his "shout" + it would ruin the spin, so I am probably just dreaming again ;)

But ya, great pair - my favorite today.

Amina & Ilia, also interpreted the music well, but I did not like the breaks in between, they were too far ahead of the music, the flow was just not as good in my opinion. What I liked was how close they were skating at times, also the side by side spin was excellent. They look very nice together and have a wonderful harmony in their motion and I did not see the lack of maturity that might could be expected by such young skaters.

As said, Mark needs to be nicer to Renata - she needed a huge :noshake: and you refuse, silly boy! I always say stay in character, but at this point coming out as a gentleman would had been great.

Anastasia & Stepan , great music and opening position. I like their program a lot and felt they were a bit punished for the early starting number. He is holding up with her pretty well, regarding the flexibility and he is strong and well balanced as seen on the lift - going backwards on one blade. Also nice use of the more quiet parts of music.

So ya, I enjoyed it.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Borisova and Sopot have great pair elements but I fear she's the latest in a long line of Tyukov pairs skaters who can't foo triples to save their lives. Same goes for the other two Tyukov pairs

Duskova and Bidar already look like a top 10 European pair and there's definitely room to grow. They will probably add a second triple soon, as she can do up to a lutz and he has a salchow as well. And even though Anna may overtake Brezinova soon, if not this year, I do think her future lies in pairs.

Shame about the downgrades for Atakhanova and Spiridonov. A typical Pavlova pair, well-matched, all the necessary technical skills, and strong basics. Looking forward to seeing them in the future.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I was very impressed with B/S. There is real power to their skating with very strong pairs elements but they need to work on their jumps. Their delight at the end of the programme and once they got their scores in the K&C were great. He is a big guy but does need to do some work on his presentation. I really like the Czech couple, they have got good potential, good on the jumps. Is this the Czech republics first medal in the JGPF? Maybe Verner or Brezina won in the past? It will be interesting to see where they would place in Senior Europeans.

I really like A/S, they have real musicality and he in particular is a great performer. Pity about the under rotations. I just hope things remain ok in the Pavlova camp. I think the best constructed programme for me was G/S, sadly for me I don't think they have long term potential, she is not great on the jumps. I like O/B but they were not at their best this weekend. I thought the final Russian couple P/K were a bit undermarked.

Interesting to see that 3 of the Russian couples are coached by Tiukova/Sluisarenko and none of them had SBS triples but they all have well constructed programmes and good pairs elements. The competition in Russian nationals will be crazy, some very strong teams will be staying at home.