Determining Post Count | Golden Skate

Determining Post Count

4dogknight

Final Flight
Can someone explain just how the post counts are determined? I've been sitting on post 391 for a couple of weeks. (See Quote of the Date thread.)

I don't really care how many posts I have, I'm just curious how the totals are calculated. Stuff like this drives me nuts until I get the answer.

4dk

Perhaps Mathman can offer a answer? A formula? An equation? A hearty Heigh Ho Silver?

4dk - who is being driven nutz by the lack of an answer.

Last edited:
Heigh Ho, Silver, 4Dog. Sorry I didn't see this post before. I sent you a PM. Is it working now, or is there still a problem?

Mathman (sorry) :eek:

4dogknight

Final Flight
Mathman/Paula: What ever you did - worked. The count is now moving upward very nicely. For the longest time I felt I was running in place, back at my old job or better yet, losing my mind which is certainly not far from reality.

Thank you for what ever you did. As I mentioned before, stuff like this drives me right up a wall; this and remembing the date of the battle of Thermopylae.

Thank you both again.

4dk

4dogknight said:
...this and remembing the date of the battle of Thermopylae. --4dk
Gosh, if only your post count had got stuck again two posts ago, on 480. :)

MM

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually I didn't do anything :) Not sure what happened or what you saw. Could have been a database glitch that fixed itself.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ah yes, post count. Remember the days when I used to whine all the time about my lost 2000 posts, those sweet things that disappeared one day when I accidentally reregistered as a global user on our old system, thus resetting the post counter back to ZERO? :boohoo: Very frustrating that was... :banging:

So glad I'm over it now... :biggrin: