What's your top 5 of Grand Prix final 2015? | Golden Skate

What's your top 5 of Grand Prix final 2015?

removof

On the Ice
For me it's

1) Stolbova Klimov sp

2) Shibutani FD

3) Scimeca Knierim sp

4) Wagner lp

5) Seguin Bilodeau sp

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Well I am not gonna be original again

1. Hanyu FS
2. Hanyu SP
3. Uno FS
4. Stolbova/Klimov FS
5. Fernandez FS

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
1. Yuzu's SP&FS
2. Stolbova/Klimov FS
3. Shoma's FS
4. Javi's FS
5. Patrick's FS

whatif

Medalist
Tough one. If it wasn't for boring as @£$% Dance event, this would be the best GPF in FOREVER!!!!

HANYU FS/SP
St/Kl SP/FS
Uno FS
Fernandez FS

Special mention: Shibutanis FS

Ester

Rinkside
What's your top 5 of the GPF?

Stolbova & Klimov Sp and Lp
Hanyu Sp and Lp
Medveda Sp and Lp
Shibs SD and LD
Bobrova & Soloviev LD

Last edited:

jaq

Rinkside
1. Hanyu SP
2. Shibutanis FD
3. Hanyu FS
4. Stolbova/Klimov FS
5. Fernandez FS

tinlizzie

Final Flight
1. Hanyu FS
2. Javi FS
3. Shoma FS
4. Ashley FS
5. Shibutani FS

I cried tears of joy at each of these skates today - I'm a happy wreck now. I feel so privileged to have watched these beautiful and moving programs today :love:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Just 5? Ok 5 skaters it will be :biggrin:
Yuzuru's SP and FS
Shibs' SD and FD
Evgenia's SP and FS
Javier's FS
Ksenia and Fedor's FS

Bonus: Shoma's FS

Last edited:

Franklin99

Medalist
Just 5? Ok 5 skaters it will be :biggrin:
Yuzuru's SP and FS
Shibs' SD and FD
Evgenia's SD and FD
Javier's FD
Ksenia and Fedor's FS

Bonus: Shoma's FD

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between SP-FS & SD-FD for the single skaters.

Last edited:

Florencito

Medalist
1 Javier's FP
2 Seguin/Bilodeau's SP
3 Uno's FP
4 Anna/Luca's FD
5 Shibutanis' SD

Bonus answers:
-Diva Wagner's FP comeback.
-Hanyu and Medevedeva, both programs. I'm not a fan but they definitely deserve a mention.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
1. Shibutanis' FD (considering what they went through with food poisoning and the BS that would make any rational person quit the sport)
2. Yuzuru Hanyu LP (no more needs to be said, and I don't think we've seen the best he has to offer yet)
3. Shoma Uno LP (I actually blurted out "holy sh*t" during his final section, I was that amazed by him)
4. Seguin/Bilodeau SP (they made me believe pairs is worth watching in the post-Shen/Zhao IJS era)
5. Stolbova/Klimov LP (not the best Pairs routine I've seen by a long shot, even in the IJS era, but re-affirmed (after Seguin/Bilodeau affirmed) that pairs skating can be beautiful and have coherent choreography and transitions that make sense in a landscape that makes people think messy overly busy and nonsensical transitions are worth more than anything else in the world...see a certain ice dance result)

Honorable mentions:
Javier Fernandez LP (good to see him not fold under the pressure in the LP and give the home crowd their money's worth even with a hokey Ice Wars type of LP);
Weaver/Poje FD (I don't care that people don't like it as much as "Je Suis Malade" or "Maria de Buenos Aires"...I think their FD is one of their best work and it's absolutely worthy of the world title given what the judges are propping up in the alternative);
Satoko Miyahara SP and LP (jumps aside, this is what beautiful musicality and dancing looks like...ladies take note);
Evgenia Medveda (just her whole look. Just coming out of juniors and Russian and yet is packaged the way a senior lady should be packaged);
Elena Radionova (despite her bad posture, uber flailing and weird neck placement in her poses...just for committing her all and then some to that horrific hot mess of a Titanic program that's pretty embarrassing for anyone with any semblance of good taste...not many people would have the ability. If only Gracie Gold could learn from Radionova and commit to her routine even with mistakes...a routine she's given that is actually pretty well-choreographed, which in itself is a statement of the sad state affairs of contemporary ladies skating choreography overall.)

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
1. Chan FP
2. Yuzu SP
3. Javi SP + FP
4. K/S FP
5. W/P FD

Honorable mention: S/K SP+FP, Yuzu LP, Sota LP, Shoma LP, Murakami LP, Shibs SD

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker